Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Mozilla Open Badges Backpack
Welcome to the Mozilla Backpack repo! To get started with Open Badges, see the following pages.
- I want to learn what's involved in issuing badges.
- I want to start using the Mozilla Backpack tools to issue badges.
- I want to become a badge displayer.
- I want to learn more about Open Badges generally.
- Open Badges Onboarding: Issuers
- initial introduction to the concepts you need to understand as an issuer
- Assertion Information for the Uninitiated
- introduction to the key data structure in Open Badges - the assertion
- New Issuers: Give Yourself a Badge
- accessible tutorial designed to get you acquainted with the key processes involved in badge issuing
- Issuer Checklist
- overview of the steps required to issue badges within the OBI
- Using the Issuer API
- the Issuer API lets you push earner badges to the Mozilla Backpack
- Using the Backpack Connect API
- the Backpack Connect API is an alternative tool for pushing to the Mozilla Backpack
- Creating Signed Assertions
- guide to creating signed assertions using JWS (JSON Web Signature) processing
- Badge Baking
- guide to baking badges - embedding the metadata into the badge image
- Revoking Issued Badges
- guide to revoking a badge previously issued
- Using SVG Badges
- guide to creating, baking and displaying SVG badges
- Open Badges Onboarding: Displayers
- introduction to concepts you'll need to understand if you want to display Open Badges
- Using the Displayer API
- the Displayer API lets you retrieve earner badges from the Mozilla Backpack
- Verifying Badges for Display
- guide to verifying badges for validity before you display them
- Open Badges Displayer
- script you can use to display baked badges in a Web page using only client-side code
- Get Started with Open Badges
- general introduction to Open Badges
- Share your Badges with the Mozilla Backpack
- user guide to the Mozilla Backpack
- Open Badges FAQs
- FAQs on Open Badges for issuers, displayers, earners, consumers
- Open Badges Glossary
- general Glossary with concepts relevant to anyone using Open Badges
Badge plumbing for all!
For an overview of the OpenBadges project, and to earn your first OBI compliant badge, see OpenBadges.org.
This repo holds the source code for the Mozilla Backpack: backpack.openbadges.org, and acts as the pipes that keep the larger badges ecosystem humming. The goal of the code (and the project) is to provide a user-centric backpack that allows badge earners to collect OBI compliant badges from multiple badge issuers. The user then has the option of displaying the badges wherever they like.
Help and Support
- Post general questions in our Community Google Group and post technical questions in our Dev Google Group.
- Reach members of the Open Badges team directly on IRC (irc.mozilla.org) on the #badges channel.
- Email questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will follow-up.
- Follow or tweet the Open Badges team @OpenBadges.
- Get involved or submit issues via the GitHub repos - feedback is always appreciated!