git-dit - the distributed issue tracker for git
WARNING: This is pre-1.0! Expect bugs and incompatibilities!
However, we try to avoid breaking changes.
- Distributed issue tracking, without checking files into the repository
- Convenient commandline interface (plumbing + porcelain)
- Implemented as
- Each command has a
- No structured data
- An issue/comment is a commit
- "Tags" are supported (see
git dit pushand
git dit pull
- No additional software needed on the server-side.
When playing with this, please keep in mind that this is alpha quality - there are bugs, missing things and rough edges.
The following crates are used:
- chrono 0.3
- error-chain 0.10
- git2 0.6
- is-match 0.1
- log 0.3
Additionally, for building the man page,
pandoc is required.
Cargo is used for building git-dit. Run
in this directory in order to build
git-dit. Building the
git-dit man page
is enabled through the "manpage" feature of the Cargo package. E.g. run
cargo build --features manpage
We do not provide any installation scripts. If you intent using or testing
git-dit, make sure to have the binary in your
(c) Julian Ganz, Matthias Beyer