Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is a in-progress release. It includes basic ChipWhisperer-Nano support, but does not implement the GUI for the CW-Nano. It also fixes a number of firmware builds for the targets.
The USB drivers attached have been UPGRADED to include CW-Nano. There is no installer or VMWare image for this release. Instead please download from the 4.0.1 release, and run the ChipWhisperer update (for Windows installer) or git pull (for VMWare) to get the latest code from git.
This release is an update for Black Hat USA 2018! Various improvements with the 4.0.0 API, bug fixes, and more.
There is not yet an installer or VMware image. Instead you should simply use the 4.0.1 release and perform the update once it is installed to get this.
- Improve SAD resync preprocessing module to be easier to use.
- Add RSA firmware build for ARM.
- Trying to access attributes of a not connected scope now raises intelligible error telling you that the scope is not connected.
- target.protver now actually gets and sets the protocol version.
- Various bug fixes, but also some bug additions we haven't found yet.
This release focuses improving the usability of ChipWhisperer software, and pushes towards having the 4.0 api usable and intuitive in and outside of the GUI. Changes include:
- State for GUI Programmers is not held in between actions, allowing the programmers to be left open during captures/glitching without causing problems
- The GUI programmers now use the 4.0 api to set pins for programming, saving pin states before an action to restore them after.
- Most firmware files are now compatible with the ARM compiler
- Example scripts in
chipwhisperer/software/scripting-exampleshave been updated for 4.0, providing an example of using the ChipWhisperer tool without the GUI for clock glitching, trace capture during encryption, and trace analysis.
- New tutorial at https://wiki.newae.com/Tutorial_A9_Bypassing_LPC1114_Read_Protect
Changes from v3.5.3:
- SW: Update random/fixed plaintext partitioning in CWAnalyzer to match TVLA in CWCapture
TO DOWNLOAD RELEASE:
See Installing ChipWhisperer for installation instructions. Most people can use installer/VM from 3.5.3 as the above fix was for a specific tutorial.
- Chipwhisperer.v3.5.3.Setup.32-bit.exe 294 MB
- Chipwhisperer.v3.5.3.Setup.64-bit.exe 334 MB
- OVF_ChipWhisperer.Lubuntu.32-bit.17JULY2017.zip 1.82 GB
- VIRTUALBOX_ChipWhisperer.Lubuntu.32-bit.17JULY2017.zip 1.64 GB
- VMWARE_ChipWhisperer.Lubuntu.32-bit.17JULY2017.zip 1.28 GB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
Changes from v3.5.1:
- FW: Add RSA firmware example (see https://wiki.newae.com/Tutorial_B11_Breaking_RSA)
- FW: Add MBED TLS crypto library for ARM targets (see https://wiki.newae.com/Tutorial_A8_32bit_AES)
- SW: Add utility to copy traces to new project
- Capture: Add ability to measure "Trigger High" length in number of samples
- FW: Fix trigger GPIO pin in STM32F4 HAL
- FW: Fix AVR "sizeafter" target in makefile
- SW: Update testing scripts to use os.path and auto-program for XMEGA programming
- Capture: Fix timer bug in CW1173 Reset aux module
TO DOWNLOAD RELEASE:
See Installing ChipWhisperer for installation instructions.
Changes from ChipWhisperer 3.5.0:
- Fix a bug that stopped aux modules from running traceDone() methods
- Remove some unused CW305 firmware files that were breaking the maximum Windows path length
See Release 3.5.0 description for USB drivers & details of getting release (this was a quick bugfix release). See older releases for Virtual Machine "ChipWhisperer Instant" image, do a "git pull" to get this version on the Virtual Machine.