This release focuses improving the usability of ChipWhisperer software, and pushes towards having the 4.0 api usable and intuitive in and outside of the GUI. Changes include:
- State for GUI Programmers is not held in between actions, allowing the programmers to be left open during captures/glitching without causing problems
- The GUI programmers now use the 4.0 api to set pins for programming, saving pin states before an action to restore them after.
- Most firmware files are now compatible with the ARM compiler
- Example scripts in
chipwhisperer/software/scripting-exampleshave been updated for 4.0, providing an example of using the ChipWhisperer tool without the GUI for clock glitching, trace capture during encryption, and trace analysis.
- New tutorial at https://wiki.newae.com/Tutorial_A9_Bypassing_LPC1114_Read_Protect
Changes from v3.5.3:
- SW: Update random/fixed plaintext partitioning in CWAnalyzer to match TVLA in CWCapture
TO DOWNLOAD RELEASE:
See Installing ChipWhisperer for installation instructions. Most people can use installer/VM from 3.5.3 as the above fix was for a specific tutorial.
- 294 MB Chipwhisperer.v3.5.3.Setup.32-bit.exe
- 334 MB Chipwhisperer.v3.5.3.Setup.64-bit.exe
- 1.82 GB OVF_ChipWhisperer.Lubuntu.32-bit.17JULY2017.zip
- 1.64 GB VIRTUALBOX_ChipWhisperer.Lubuntu.32-bit.17JULY2017.zip
- 1.28 GB VMWARE_ChipWhisperer.Lubuntu.32-bit.17JULY2017.zip
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
Changes from v3.5.1:
- FW: Add RSA firmware example (see https://wiki.newae.com/Tutorial_B11_Breaking_RSA)
- FW: Add MBED TLS crypto library for ARM targets (see https://wiki.newae.com/Tutorial_A8_32bit_AES)
- SW: Add utility to copy traces to new project
- Capture: Add ability to measure "Trigger High" length in number of samples
- FW: Fix trigger GPIO pin in STM32F4 HAL
- FW: Fix AVR "sizeafter" target in makefile
- SW: Update testing scripts to use os.path and auto-program for XMEGA programming
- Capture: Fix timer bug in CW1173 Reset aux module
TO DOWNLOAD RELEASE:
See Installing ChipWhisperer for installation instructions.
Changes from ChipWhisperer 3.5.0:
- Fix a bug that stopped aux modules from running traceDone() methods
- Remove some unused CW305 firmware files that were breaking the maximum Windows path length
See Release 3.5.0 description for USB drivers & details of getting release (this was a quick bugfix release). See older releases for Virtual Machine "ChipWhisperer Instant" image, do a "git pull" to get this version on the Virtual Machine.
Changes from v3.4.3:
- SW: Allow each module to set a default error message severity
- Capture: Support connecting multiple CW-Lite/Pro scopes
- Capture: Add SPI flash programmer target
- Capture: Add STM32F programmer
- Capture: Add setup script for 87C51 target
- FW: Fix bug in SAM4L HAL that disabled crypto countermeasures
- FW: Improve Makefile output on Windows
- SW: Return script results when running Capture/Analyzer scripts via API
- Analyzer: Fix off-by-one error in C-accelerated CPA attack
- Capture: Properly randomize fixed/random plaintexts in CRI T-Test mode
- Capture: Fix float/int conversion bug in glitch explorer
TO DOWNLOAD RELEASE:
- You can use VMWare or VirtualBox images. These images have not been updated with this release, so you should do a "git pull" to get latest from master within these images. See the 3.2.0 release for copies of the images.
- You can install the ChipWhisperer project onto your system locally, which requires you to follow the installation instructions. You can down the source .zip file to get the complete repository (including firmware examples, etc).
- You can do a "pip install chipwhisperer". This will not provide you with all the required firmware examples to follow the tutorials, but may be the easiest way of getting up and running quickly.
- You may need the driver files for installing ChipWhisperer-Lite, CW1200, or CW305 on Windows. On Linux see install instructions.
Changes from ChipWhisperer 3.4.2:
- Fix a bug in the Atmel FW downloader that made it impossible to program an erased ChipWhisperer
See Release 3.4.0 description for USB drivers & details of getting release (this was a quick bugfix release). See older releases for Virtual Machine "ChipWhisperer Instant" image, do a "git pull" to get this version on the Virtual Machine.
Changes from ChipWhisperer 3.4.1:
simpleserial-basefirmware to use SimpleSerial v1.1
See Release 3.4.0 description for USB drivers & details of getting release (this was a quick bugfix release of 3.4.1). See older releases for Virtual Machine "ChipWhisperer Instant" image, do a "git pull" to get this version on the Virtual Machine.