Let's Build a Raytracer, From Scratch
This repository contains code, assets, and presentation slides from an introductory course on raytracing.
Note: This repository will NOT accept pull requests.
- Based on revealJS
- Best viewed in Chromium browser at 1024x768
- The version in this repo requires internet connection to load JS dependencies
This course is certainly not perfect. One known "issue" is that the Phong-like illumination model does not have a correct diffuse component, although this is not immediately noticeable.
The code is split into "levels" which follow the structure of the course. Each level introduces a new concept and builds on the foundation of the prior levels.
- The course slides are under CC-BY-NC license.
- Original non-content sources are MIT-licensed.
- The course builds upon third-party elements (frameworks such as reveal.js, libraries such as MathJax, fonts etc.). Each such element may have its own license.