Reported by sumandogra on 2014-05-23 09:39
MSWord 2013, MS Word 2010
On moving to an adjacent blank cell in a row of a table, NVDA announces “out of table.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a blank MSWord document.
2. Press ALT to go to the ribbon and go to Insert tab followed by Table.
3. Select Insert table command from the menu and press ENTER.
4. Enter the desired dimensions of a table and press ENTER to create a table on the document.
5. Now fill in the data in the table by using TAB/SHIFT TAB to move between the adjacent cells.
6. “out of table” is announced. This is an incorrect and misleading message. This behavior was not observed with the previous version’s of NVDA.
Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-05-23 10:42
Confirmed. However, this only applies to tabbing. Using control+alt+arrows or just arrows behaves as expected.
This seems to have broken in NVDA 2014.1. It works as expected in 2013.3.
Changed title from "MSWord-On moving to an adjacent blank cell in a row of a table, NVDA announces “out of table." to "MSWord-On tabbing to an adjacent blank cell in a row of a table, NVDA announces “out of table."
Comment 2 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-05-28 05:17
```CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="a50fe2a677547fb92898cd2af3eeaedc9577a557"
Merge branch 't4151' into next. Incubates #4151
Added labels: incubating
Comment 3 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-06-11 08:19
```CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="70915fb54c4ac7633e913505ea1027ccf243f0a9"
Merge branch 't4151'. Fixes #4151
Removed labels: incubating
Comment 4 by mdcurran on 2014-06-11 08:20
Milestone changed from None to 2014.3