Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This minor release will just add Python 3.7 support as some distributors already provide this new Python version.
Nothing else has changed so if you have a running version of oemof v0.2.2 you won't have to do anything. It will just make things easier for people making a fresh installation of oemof on Python 3.7.
This late winter/early spring release comprises some new features like e.g. minimum up- and downtimes and some functions for processing of results. Some bug fixes and improvements keep oemof functional and up to date.
Checkout whats new for more detailed information.
Let us start the new year with a new major release.
Unlike the release title this version will be more stable due to an improved testing environment.
With more than 700 commits, 100 issues and pull requests from 14 contributors this has been the release with the highest contribution of the oemof community. We improved the structure and the documentation to make it even easier to contribute in the future. Join our community and become a contributor of the next release.
- New components added (GenericCHP, GenericCAES,...)
- Revision of the Transformer class (now n inputs and n outputs) and a new Transformer class with an offset (
y = ax + b)(experimental)
- A start into the world of linear optimal power flow with electrical components
- A new example repository with new examples and a basic example for beginners
- The outputlib has been totally revised, with a clean structure for all results
- Some useful additional constraints can now be found in the constraints module
- The energy system can now be represented, plotted and analysed in a networkx graph
- The documentation has been improved by new users who clarified things they did not understand at first glance
We established a user forum for the growing user community. Please sign in to ask questions or help other users.
Update from v0.1.x
You need to adapt your application if you update from a previous version. Have a look at the Whats new? section of the documentation to get an overview over all changes. The new examples will help you to understand the changes.
pip install oemof --upgrade
Use the user forum if you have problems with the adaption of your applications.
Now we learned how to test properly. There was a little difference that made the examples run if you installed oemof locally but not if you installed it from pypi.
We fixed that and skip 0.1.3 due to superstitions (1.3 is almost a 13). It is not true but a nice story
Have a look at the 0.1.2 release to see the real changes.
A revision of the installation guide and the examples will make it easier for new users to enter the world of oemof.
- New transformer classes
- Transformer with multiple inputs
- Transformer with a variable fraction between its outputs
- New slicing functions to make it easier to handle extensive results
- Code clean up
- Speed up the constraint building process
See the whatsnew section for more details.
If you want to talk to other oemof users, join our first user meeting.
We wanted people to install oemof and see how it works by executing the examples. This did not work after the installation. Therefore we added this hotfix version right after the big master release.