Pocket recipe for Calibre
This is a fork of the original 2011 Calibre ReadItLater plugin.
I (@tbunnyman) have not used Pocket since 2013 and therefor am no longer activly developing this. I will check and merge pull requests for bugs and non-distruptive features but if you wan to go crazy I totally encorage forking and sharing.
- Under the "Fetch News" drop down select "Add a Custom Source"
- Click "Load Recipe From File" and choose the Pocket.recipe file
- Edit max_articles_per_feed & minimum_articles to set your max and minimum articles downloaded per eBook
- Save and Close
- Under "Schedule News Download" Select the new Pocket recipe under custom and fill out your credentials
- The first photo in an article is now included with the article
Pocket v1.3.1 (The 'I rushed 1.3 because of api changes' bugfix release)
- Default mark as read again
- fix mark as read errors
- fix tag filtering
- Added h1 titles to articles
- Updated to the new v3 of the API
- Switched off the old, now broken, text view
- Added ability to switch between oldest to newest & newest to oldest
- Added ability to filter by tag (only one because of the API)
- Automatically filters out saved items in the queue that do not have articles (pictures and videos)
- Big thanks to Mila Frerichs for the help with the new text view!
- Added new feature to fail with a warning instead of an error when not enough articles are found
- This feature is not yet in 0.8.51 so you will still get the conversion error
- Check for article pages that are empty or malformed. Fixes issue #3 (Exception when there is no article)
Changes from ReadItLater v3 to Pocket v1.0
- Name change
- Pointed to new domain (http://getpocket.com/)
- Still uses old RIL interface to pull content
Changes from 2011 version to ReadItLater v3
- Displays articles from oldest to newest
- Uses max_articles_per_feed to determine how many articles to download per eBook (Default 50)
- Has a minimum_articles setting at the top. Plugin fails to run if you don't have enough articles (Default 10, set to 0 to disable)
- Marks downloaded articles read with option at the top to disable
- Shows timestamp on the cover under the date
I have removed the Official/Original code I was posting here, since this fork has been merged into the official codebase, please reference the official code repository for the source.