- Documentation started on https://en.wiki.openfoodfacts.org/Project:ProductOpener
What is Product Opener?
What is Open Food Facts?
A food products database
Open Food Facts is a database of food products with ingredients, allergens, nutrition facts and all the tidbits of information we can find on product labels.
Made by everyone
Open Food Facts is a non-profit association of volunteers. 20.000+ contributors like you have added 700.000+ products from 150 countries using our Android, iPhone or Windows Phone app or their camera to scan barcodes and upload pictures of products and their labels.
Data about food is of public interest and has to be open. The complete database is published as open data and can be reused by anyone and for any use. Check-out the cool reuses or make your own!
How do I get set up?
- Feel free to join us on Slack at https://openfoodfacts.slack.com/ in the channels: #api #productopener #dev
- If you're looking for the API, look at https://en.wiki.openfoodfacts.org/API
- Summary of set up: https://en.wiki.openfoodfacts.org/Project:Product_Opener
- Database configuration
- How to run tests
- Deployment instructions
If you're new to Open-Source, we recommend you to Checkout our Contributing Guidelines. Feel free to fork the project and send us a pull request.
- Writing tests
- Code review
- Other guidelines
- Please add new features to the CHANGELOG.md file before or after merge to make testing easier
Have a bug or a feature request? Please search for existing and closed issues. If your problem or idea is not addressed yet, please open a new issue.
Translate Open Food Facts in your language
You can help translate Open Food Facts and the app at (no technical knowledge required, takes a minute to signup): https://translate.openfoodfacts.org/
Updating translations for static content
A number of the translations are maintained externally, see
scripts/update_texts_from_wiki.pl to sync translation data.
Specific pages are defined in the relevant
Who do I talk to?
- Repo owner or admin
- Join our discussion room at https://slack.openfoodfacts.org/
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]