Clone this wiki locally
OpenGovernment is a Ruby on Rails application for aggregating and presenting open government data.
OpenGovernment relies on the following packages. Full instructions for prerequisites on Ubuntu and Mac OS X are below.
- REE 1.8.7 recommended; 1.9.2 works (install via RVM)
- Bundler for rubygem installation
- PostgreSQL 8.4
- PostGIS (which requires the proj4 and geos libraries)
- ImageMagick image processing library
Sphinx is required. Here are the install instructions. You can locate your
pg_sqlinclude directory using
- GeoServer, if you want to see vote maps
- MongoDB for page view count support
- pdftk and tesseract optional requirement for Docsplit dependency, process bills for document-viewer plugin.