- Build with warnings in all build types, not only "Dev".
- Better error messages for command line errors.
- A dereference of end iterator in
- You can not specify the special file name "-" (to read from STDIN) several times for commands reading multiple files.
- Add hint to error message about
--overwriteoption when trying to open
an existing file.
- Check the required libosmium version in CMake build.
- Add --ignore-missing-nodes to
add-locations-to-wayssubcommand. If this
is not set, the command will now fail if there are missing nodes needed
getidsubcommands now use the IdSet class from the
newest libosmium making them more efficient (especially on very large input
- Improved error messages for low-level errors.
- Now requires at least libosmium 2.10.2 and protozero 1.4.5.
- Consistently handle
--output-headeroption in all commands that create
standard OSM files.
- Handling of some output options was not correct in
do now what is documented and it is documented what they do.
- Progress bar and output from verbose mode will now be kept separate.
- The new manual is a more gentle introduction into the capabilities of
Osmium Tool. Numerous man page additions.
mergecommand to merge any number of sorted OSM files.
derive-changescommand to create change file from two OSM data files.
diffcommand to show differences between OSM files.
renumbercommand can now optionally only renumber some object types.
- Version information is now printed including the git commit id and always
shown in verbose mode.
iwyutarget to CMake config.
- Progress bars will be shown on some commands. (This is configurable at
run time with the --progress and --no-progress options.)
apply-changessubcommand now detects whether it is updating a normal
OSM file or an OSM history file based on file name suffix (can be forced
--with-history). The options
are now deprecated (a warning will be written to stderr). For normal OSM
files, output is always simplified and deleted objects are removed, for
OSM history files, all versions of all objects are kept.
- Also check ordering of changesets in
osmium fileinfo -e.
-Ican now be used multiple times.
- More consistent warning messages.
- Compiles much faster due to include optimizations.
- Update the included RapidJSON to version 1.1.0.
- CMake now creates
- Wrapper script now works with quoted arguments.
- Check that input files are correctly ordered in the
- Most commands now show the memory used in verbose mode.
- New option
--helpon most commands shows command line options.
--default-typeoption to getid command.
getidcommand can now recursively add all referenced objects.
showcommand to quickly see OSM file contents.
- Much faster and more memory efficient implementation of the
getidcommand can now read IDs from stdin.
- Also show libosmium version when running