Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Add area matching to
tags-filtercommand can now match "areas" using the "a/" prefix. Areas in this sense are all closed ways with 4 or more nodes and all relations with tag "type=multipolygon" or "type=boundary".
--geometry-typesoption to the
exportcommand allowing you to restrict the geometry types written out.
- Also print out smallest node, way, and relation ID in
- In the
renumbercommand, the start IDs for nodes, ways, and relations can now be set together or separately with the
--start-idoption. Negative IDs are now also allowed. Also there is a new
--show-indexfunction that prints out the ID mappings in the index.
- More tests and updated documentation.
--print-default-configoption to the
exportcommand writing out the default configuration to stdout.
getparentscommand to get the ways used by specified nodes or relations having specified members.
- Newest version of libosmium (2.14.2) and protozoro (1.6.3) are now required.
- Calculation of CRC32 in the fileinfo command is now optional. Calculating the CRC32 is very expensive and going without it makes the program much much faster. Use
-cto enable it. It will also be automatically enabled for JSON output to stay compatible with earlier versions of Osmium which might be used in an automated context (you can disable this with
--no-crc). It is also enabled if
-g data.crc32is specified. If it is enabled we are using the CRC32 implementation from zlib which is faster than the one from boost we used before. This is possible through some changes in libosmium.
- Treat ways with same node end locations as closed in
exportcommand instead of looking at the IDs. This is more consistent with what the libosmium
- In the
exportcommand, the decision whether a way is treated as a linestring or polygon has changed. See the man page for details.
- Create linestring geometries for untagged ways if
--keep-untaggedoption is set. It doesn't matter whether they are closed or not, they are only written out as linestrings.
- Show error for ways with less than 2 nodes if
- Attributes (such as id, version, timestamp, etc.) can appear in the properties of the output with arbitrary configurable names. These could overlap with tag keys which we don't want. This change removes tags with those keys on the assumption that the names chosen for the attributes are sufficiently different (something like "@id") from normal tag keys that this will not happen very often and those tags are useless anyway.
--(no)-progressoption work in
- Support for negative IDs in export command.
- Lots of tests with missing metadata (Thanks to Michael Reichert).
- Add metadata options to the extended output of fileinfo command (Thanks to Michael Reichert).
- Add progress bars to many commands.
--redactoption to the
apply-changescommand to redact (patch) history files. The change files can contain any version of any object which will replace that version of that object from the input. This allows changing the history! This mode is for special use only, for instance to remove copyrighted or private data.
- Needs libosmium 2.14.0.
- Update included
catch.hppto version 1.12.1.
- Removed Makefile. Undocumented and possibly confusing way of building. As documented, use CMake directly instead.
- Allow bbox setting with any two opposing corners, instead of insisting on bottom-left and top-right corner. This affects the changeset-filter and extract commands.
- Allow GeoJSON input file to have a FeatureCollection instead of a Feature. Only the first feature of this collection is used.
- Bug in the derive-changes command if it is used without
--keep-details. A deletion of any type of object was written as a deletion of a node. (Thanks to Michael Reichert.)
- Fix assertion failure in diff command.
- Throw exception instead of using assert to catch broken rings.
- Disable progress bar if STDOUT isn't a tty.
- Show error when there are no extracts specified in extract command.
- Improve STDIN handling in extract command. STDIN can now be used with the
simplestrategy, with other strategies it will give you a nice error message.
- Lots of code cleanups based on
clang-tidywarnings making the code more robust.
- Only install manpage directories, not CMake files. (Thanks Bas Couwenberg.)
- Extended some man pages.
- Allow any OSM file header option with
fileinfo -g. There is no final list of possible options, so any option should be allowed.
- Needs libosmium 2.13.1.
- Specifying extracts in config files was broken. The
extractcommand was not reading config files correctly and all resulting OSM files were empty. Specifying an extract on the command line using
--polygonwas still working.
- Allow zero-length index files in renumber.
exportcommand for exporting OSM data into GeoJSON format. The OSM data model with its nodes, ways, and relations is very different from the data model usually used for geodata with features having point, linestring, or polygon geometries. The export command transforms OSM data into a more usual GIS data model. Nodes will be translated into points and ways into linestrings or polygons (if they are closed ways). Multipolygon and boundary relations will be translated into multipolygons. This transformation is not loss-less, especially information in non-multipolygon, non-boundary relations is lost. All tags are preserved in this process. Note that most GIS formats (such as Shapefiles, etc.) do not support arbitrary tags. Transformation into other GIS formats will need extra steps mapping tags to a limited list of attributes. This is outside the scope of this command.
changeset-filtercommand. Only changesets with bounding boxes overlapping this bounding box are copied to the output.
- Support for the new
flex_memindex type for node location indexes. It is used by default in the
exportcommands. The new man page
osmium-index-typesdocuments this and other available indexes.
- The order of objects in an OSM file expected by some commands as well as the order created by the
sortcommand has changed when negative IDs are involved. (Negative IDs are sometimes used for objects that have not yet been uploaded to the OSM server.) The negative IDs are ordered now before the positive ones, both in order of their absolute value. This is the same ordering as JOSM uses.
- The commands
renumbernow also work with negative object IDs.
- Allow leading spaces in ID files for
- Various error messages and man pages have been clarified.
- Updated minimum libosmium version required to 2.13.0.
- Update version of Catch unit test framework to 1.9.7.
- Libosmium fix: Changesets with more than 2^16 characters in comments now work.
- Libosmium fix: Changeset bounding boxes are now always output to OSM files (any format) if at least one of the corners is defined. This is needed to handle broken data from the main OSM database which contains such cases. This now also works when reading OPL files.
- Clarify differences between
derive-changescommands in man
- Needs current libosmium 2.12.1 now.
- Use empty header for apply-changes instead of the one from input file.
- Call 'less' with -R when using ANSI colors with 'show' command.
- Do not show progress options on show command.
tags-filtercommand for filtering OSM files based on tag keys and
- Add option
apply-changesfor updating files
- Add optional
output_headeron extracts in config file. (#47)
apply-changesformat for setting format
of change files.
- Now requires libosmium 2.12.
getidcommand in favour of
--with-historyfor consistency with other commands.
- Use new
RelationsMapIndexfrom libosmium for
- Update included version of Catch unit test framework to 1.8.1 which required
some changes in the tests.
osmium::util::file_sizeinstead of our own
- Miscellaneous code cleanups and improved warning messages and man pages.
-pthreadcompiler and linker options on Linux/OSX. This should fix
a problem where some linker versions will not link binaries correctly when
--as-neededoption is used.
- Typo in GeoJSON parser which broke MultiPolygon support.
- Wrong description of -S option in extract man page.
- Windows build problem related to forced build for old Windows versions.
- All but the first polygon in a GeoJSON multipolygon were ignored by the
- Zsh command line completion for some commands.
- Build with warnings in all build types, not only "Dev".
- Better error messages for command line errors.
- A dereference of end iterator in
- You can not specify the special file name "-" (to read from STDIN) several
times for commands reading multiple files.
- Add hint to error message about
--overwriteoption when trying to open
an existing file.
- Check the required libosmium version in CMake build.
- Add --ignore-missing-nodes to
add-locations-to-wayssubcommand. If this
is not set, the command will now fail if there are missing nodes needed
getidsubcommands now use the IdSet class from the
newest libosmium making them more efficient (especially on very large input
- Improved error messages for low-level errors.
- Now requires at least libosmium 2.10.2 and protozero 1.4.5.
- Consistently handle
--output-headeroption in all commands that create
standard OSM files.
- Handling of some output options was not correct in
do now what is documented and it is documented what they do.
- Progress bar and output from verbose mode will now be kept separate.