Quickstart (1-click install)
- Download the latest stable release of Tutor, uncompress the file and place the
tutorexecutable in your path. From the command line:
tutor local quickstart
- You're done!
Yes :) This is what happens when you run
tutor local quickstart:
- You answer a few questions about the :ref:`configuration` of your Open edX platform.
- Configuration files are generated from templates.
- Docker images are downloaded.
- Docker containers are provisioned.
- A full, production-ready platform is run with docker-compose.
The whole procedure should require less than 10 minutes, on a server with a good bandwidth. Note that your host environment will not be affected in any way, since everything runs inside docker containers. Root access is not even necessary.
There's a lot more to Tutor than that! To understand what Tutor does and how it works, take a look at the :ref:`introduction <intro>`.