Device OS 1.2.0-beta.1 [Beta Pre-Release] is out on the Web IDE for (Core/Photon/P1/Electron/Argon/Boron/Xenon)
released on April 18th, 2019
Note: This is a Beta Pre-Release and is not intended for production yet. We've tested this Beta to the best of our ability and we want to know what you think now! Please understand that some care and attention is necessary when testing this Beta, and be sure to upgrade to the final release when it's available. This Beta will not be available by default. To use you must select the version dropdown from the devices drawer. Downgrading back to the current release info is at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTA or YModem transfer on Electron (sequence required)
- First Update to 0.5.5 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.6.4 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.7.0 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 1.2.0-beta.1
Note: DFU over USB on Electron/Photon/P1 (sequence not required)
- You may update to 1.2.0-beta.1 directly first, flash the system firmware (attached above) in order 1,2(,3) to the device using
particle flash --usb <system-part.bin>. See the next note about the bootloader if you are offline!
Note: P1/Photon Bootloader
The Cloud will automatically update the bootloader on P1/Photon devices if your device is online. If your device does not connect to the cloud and it is offline, you should flash the bootloader to the device using
particle flash --serial <bootloader.bin>. This should be done after upgrading system firmware. The Electron bootloader is applied automatically from it's own system parts.
Note: Downgrading [Electron/Photon/P1] OTA or YModem transfer:
If you need to downgrade, you must downgrade to 0.7.0 and then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron) to ensure that the bootloader downgrades automatically. When downgrading to older versions, downgrade to 0.7.0 first, then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron), then to an older version such as 0.5.5.
- [Enterprise] Support for Intelligent Product Firmware Updates #1732
- Visibility into OTA availability and support for "Force" enabling OTA from the cloud.
- New API for publishing Device Vitals regularly from application firmware #1724
- [test] fixes unit-tests for testing version string with pre-release #1749
- [test] update upgrade-downgrade.sh to 1.2.0-beta.1 #1749
System Binaries (all devices)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.
QA Report Summary for Particle Device OS
You can view results of tests run this release here.