Sample applications for the Cinder framework. These samples are meant to be used with the latest official release of Cinder. Git users should build against the 'master' branch.
These code samples are compatible with the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 compiler, which is the compiler of choice for the Windows platform. XCode support for MacOS X is currently not officially supported, but the C++ and GLSL source code should run on all platforms without modifications. If you find an inconsistency or platform related bug, please notify me or create a pull request, so that I can fix the issues and make these samples as cross-platform as possible.
Find specific, sample related information in the sample's README.md files.
Downloading and using the samples with Cinder
- Make sure you have downloaded the Cinder Framework. It is recommended to use Git, because this will make it easier for you to keep up to date with the latest versions of both Cinder and these samples. To learn more about how to create a copy of the Cinder Github repository, visit: http://libcinder.org/docs/welcome/GitSetup.html
- Make sure the Cinder master folder is called
cinder_master, so that the samples can find it automatically.
- Make sure you can successfully compile Cinder yourself.
- Download the samples and place them next to Cinder's master folder:
- Open a command window (or Terminal)
- Switch to the disk containing the Cinder root folder, e.g.:
- Browse to the Cinder root folder:
- The samples must be placed next to the cinder_master folder, so go up one level:
- Clone the samples repository:
git clone https://github.com/paulhoux/Cinder-Samples.git cinder_samples
- Your folder should now look like this:
- Alternatively, you can download the repository as a ZIP-file and manually add the files to a "cinder_samples" folder.
- To run a sample, browse to the sample's folder and double-click the pre-compiled executable (.exe)
- To compile the sample yourself, browse to the sample's project folder (e.g.
vc2015) and double-click the project file (.vcxproj) or solution (.sln) to open it in Visual Studio. Then, press F7 to compile the sample. It should compile without errors, provided you also compiled the Cinder Framework itself.
- To make sure that both Cinder and the sample code are always up to date, you can add the Cinder Framework project to your solution:
- From the
- Browse to
- Click the
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click on the sample project (e.g.
- Select (
Build Dependenciesand then)
- Make sure the
cinderproject is selected by clicking in the check box. This way, Cinder will be built before the sample.
- Click the
- Compile the solution (both Cinder and the sample) by pressing F7.
Thanks to all contributors and to the people behind the Cinder framework for doing an excellent job!
Copyright (c) 2012-2018, Paul Houx - All rights reserved. This code is intended for use with the Cinder C++ library: http://libcinder.org
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.