Intel Management Engine Image Tool
This set of tools allow to extract and create firmware images for the ME, and was created by Peter Bosch for personal use. The code was not written with quality in mind, and as such there are little to no comments and no unit tests. As they say at my hackerspace: Patches welcome.
The images produced by these tools are not yet verified against real hardware but do load in Intel FIT.
The information required to implement the tool was gathered from original research and the following resources:
- ME Analyzer (https://github.com/platomav/MEAnalyzer) by Plato Mavropoulos
- unME11 (https://github.com/ptresearch/unME11) by Dmitry Sklyarov (@_Dmit)
- parseMFS (https://github.com/ptresearch/parseMFS) by Dmitry Sklyarov (@_Dmit)
- Intel ME: Flash Filesystem Explained (https://www.blackhat.com/eu-17/briefings.html#intel-me-flash-file-system-explained) by Dmitry Sklyarov (@_Dmit)
- Various information from Igor Skochinsky
It currently consists of three tools:
ME Region Tool
The ME region tool allows extracting a ME region into its constituent partitions. It produces an XML file containing the information contained within the Flash Partition Table that cannot be inferred from the files.
The MFS tools allows extracting MFS volumes on the FAT level, MFS directories are not yet supported. The tool can also add files to volumes, but not overwrite them.
ME Config Tool
The ME config tool can convert
fitc.cfg format archives into
their contents and reconstruct them. Metadata and file lists are stored in an
XML archive and as such the tool does not require the host filesystem to support