- Responsive design that works equally well on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Browse content provided by any Mopidy backend extension.
- Add one or more tracks or entire albums to the queue.
- Save the current queue to an easily accessible playlist.
- Search for tracks, albums, or artists from specific backends or all of Mopidy.
- Shows detailed track and album information during playback, with album cover retrieval from Last.fm.
- Support for all of the Mopidy playback controls (consume mode, repeat, shuffle, etc.)
- Deep integration with, and additional features for, the Pi MusicBox.
- Fullscreen mode.
Mopidy>= 1.1.0. An extensible music server that plays music from local disk, Spotify, SoundCloud, Google Play Music, and more.
Install by running:
pip install mopidy-musicbox-webclient
Alternatively, clone the repository and run
sudo python setup.py install from within the project directory. e.g.
$ git clone https://github.com/pimusicbox/mopidy-musicbox-webclient $ cd mopidy-musicbox-webclient $ sudo python setup.py install
MMW is shipped with default settings that should work straight out of the box for most users:
[musicbox_webclient] enabled = true musicbox = false websocket_host = websocket_port = on_track_click = PLAY_ALL
The following configuration values are available should you wish to customize your installation further:
musicbox_webclient/enabled: If the MMW extension should be enabled or not. Defaults to
musicbox_webclient/musicbox: Set this to
trueif you are connecting to a Mopidy instance running on a Pi Musicbox. Expands the MMW user interface to include system control/configuration functionality.
musicbox_webclient/websocket_host: Optional setting to specify the target host for Mopidy websocket connections.
musicbox_webclient/websocket_port: Optional setting to specify the target port for Mopidy websocket connections.
musicbox_webclient/on_track_click: The action performed when clicking on a track. Valid options are:
DYNAMIC(repeats last action).
Enter the address of the Mopidy server that you are connecting to in your browser (e.g. http://localhost:6680/musicbox_webclient)
- Now shows server name/IP address and port number at the bottom of the navigation pane. (Addresses: #67).
- Add ability to insert a track anywhere in the current queue. (Addresses: #75).
- Add 'Show Track Info' popup which can be activated from any context menu. The popup includes the URI of the track, which can be inserted into various lists elsewhere in the player.
- Updated icon set for font-awesome 4.7.0.
- Only show 'Show Album' or 'Show Artist' options in popup menus if URI's for those resources are available. (Fixes: #213).
- Now shows correct hostname information in loader popup. (Fixes: #209).
- Reset 'Now Playing' info when the last track in the tracklist is deleted. Fixes an issue where info of the last song played would be displayed even after the queue had been cleared.
- Use correct icons for folders, audio, and other files when browsing local files.
- Now initializes the GUI properly, even if the user is offline or the Mopidy server cannot be reached.
- Fixed Alarm Clock detection.
- Now displays album and artist info when browsing tracks. (Addresses: #99).
- Now remembers which backend was searched previously, and automatically selects that backend as the default search target. (Addresses: #130).
- Upgrade Media Progress Timer to version 3.0.0.
- Now retrieves album cover and artist images using MusicBrainzID, if available.
- New configuration parameter
on_track_clickcan be used to customize the action that is performed when the user clicks on a track in a list. Valid options are:
DYNAMIC(repeats last action). (Addresses: #133).
- Optimized updating of 'now playing' icons in tracklists. (Addresses: #184).
- Optimized rendering of large lists of tracks to make UI more responsive.
- Added 'Folder' FontAwesome icon on the Browse pane for browsing the filesystem.
- New icons for 'PLAY' and 'PLAY_ALL' actions. In general, icons with an empty background will perform an action only on the selected track, while icons with a filled background will apply the action to all tracks in the list.
- Standardize popup dialog layout convention: Sentence fragments have no punctuation, buttons that confirm a destructive action go on the left.
- Don't create Mopidy models manually. (Fixes: #172).
- Context menu is now available for all tracks in browse pane. (Fixes: #126).
- last.fm artist image lookups should now always return the correct image for similarly named artists.
- Ensure that browsed tracks are always added to the queue using the track URI rather than the track's position in the folder. (Fixes: #124).
- Fixed an issue where searches would be performed as soon as the user switches to the 'Search' pane, instead of waiting for the 'Search!' button to be clicked.
- Fixed an issue where the last track in an album was not grouped properly with the rest of the results, and would have a small divider rendered above it. (Fixes: #196).
- Clearing the queue should no longer trigger an album cover image lookup. (Fixes: #201).
- Update icons and labels for podcast, podcast-gpodder, and podcast-itunes backends.
- Upgrade Font-Awesome libraries to version 4.5.0.
- Upgrade jQuery libraries to version 1.12.0.
- Mopidy-Musicbox-Webclient is now distributed with a vendor copy of Mopidy.js. (Addresses: #175).
- Remove unused iScroll libraries and references.
- Remove unused jQuery.Mobile.iScrollView libraries and references.
- Remove unused jQuery.Truncate libraries and references.
- Avoid polling for current track and time changes. (Fixes: #40).
- Prevent mobile devices from scaling when used in landscape mode. (Fixes: #157).
- Scrolling now works in full screen mode for Chrome and Safari as well. (Fixes: #53).
- No longer interferes with changes to Mopidy's volume levels that are triggered externally. (Fixes: #162).
- Volume slider now works with Mopidy-ALSAMixer again. (Fixes: #168).
- Now falls back to track artist if album artist is not available for rendering cover art. (Fixes: #128).
- Fix playlist refresh button. (Fixes: #173).
- Update save queue functionality to use 'm3u' format. (Fixes: #177).
Enhancements and improvements
- Added optional
- Added link to Alarm Clock (if present).
- Added ability to save Queue as local Playlist. (Addresses: #106).
- Add support for
static_dirconfigurations. (Addresses: #105).
- Added ability to manually initiate refresh of Playlists. (Addresses: #107).
- Now updates the track name when the stream title changes.
- Adding a browsed radio station to the tracklist now also starts playback of the station. (Addresses: #98).
- Increase volume slider handle by 30% to make it easier to grab on mobile devices.
- Add application cache manifest file for quicker loads and to allow client devices to detect when local caches should be invalidated.
- Use standard Mopidy mixer methods to mute / un-mute playback.
- Streams are now saved to the '[Radio Streams].m3u' playlist and are accessible from all clients. Users with existing streamUris stored as browser cookies will be prompted to convert them to the new m3u backed scheme.
- Mopidy-Musicbox-Webclient now requires at least Mopidy v1.1.0 or greater to be installed.
- Ensure that only the currently playing track is highlighted in the queue. (Fixes: #81).
- Fixed slow to start playing from a large tracklist of browsed tracks. (Fixes: #85).
- Mopidy 1.1.0 compatibility fixes. (Fixes: #109, #111, #121, and #123).
- Fix incorrect identification of user's Spotify starred playlist. (Fixes: #110).
- Initiating track playback from a folder that contains subfolders now correctly identifies the tracks that should be played. (Fixes: #112).
- Adding search results to tracklist now works as expected. (Fixes: #49 and #135).
- Fix vertical alignment of playback control buttons in footer.
- Increase width of header so that more text can be rendered in the title bar. (Fixes: #144).
- Re-align the menu and search buttons in the title bar. (Fixes: #148).
- Use explicit Mopidy.js calling convention. (Fixes: #79).
- Added event handling for 'muteChanged' event. (Fixes: #141).
- Remove support for defunct Grooveshark service. (Fixes: #120).
- Pausing a stream will now actually stop it.
- Fix keyboard shortcuts in some browsers.
- Use relative path for script files to fix proxy support.
- Description text for control icons.
- Added consume and single playback modes.
- Changed from a static webclient to a dynamic webapp.
- New musicbox config setting to hide Musicbox specific content.
- Added popup tracks menu to the Browse interface.
- Fixed wrong jQuery version on some pages.
- Added AudioAddict icon.
- Bugfixes of course.
- A friendlier welcome with a home page with buttons to the most used functions.
- Converted Radio Stations to Streams, so user can add streams for youtube, spotify, soundcloud, podcasts.
- Enhanced radio/streams interface.
- Search: select service to search.
- Fixed single quote bug. (Fixes: #39).
- Better handling of coverart.
- Youtube icons added.
- Bugfixes (search, popups, etc.).
- Small fixes for PyPI distro.
- Compatible with Mopidy v0.19.
- Made pip installable.
- A lot of fixes.
- Works with mopidy-websettings extension.
- Compatible with Mopidy 0.14+.
- More ways to add a song to the Queue (play next, add to bottom, etc).
- Better Queue popup.
- Button to clear the Queue.
- A bit more speed.
- Local files show up in search.
- Bugs fixed.
- New instructions in the read me.