Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the SimpleForm wiki. Here you will find additional content and documentation
for the SimpleForm project, which complements the project
README and code docs.
Below are several guides and tutorials created by the community showcasing customization and configuration usage for SimpleForm.
- Adding custom components
- Adding custom input components
- Attributes filter
- Bootstrap component helpers
- Contact Form using Mail_Form
- Create a fake input that does NOT read attributes
- Create an "input" just for displaying attribute value
- Create an "input" just for displaying custom content (e.g. a link)
- Creating a minimalist form (no labels just placeholders)
- CSS for simple_form
- Custom inputs examples
- Custom Wrappers
- HTML5 Attributes
- Nested Models
- Simple Form with Devise
- Twitter Bootstrap integration
- Twitter Bootstrap v2 and simple_form v2
- Upgrading to Simple Form 2.0
- Use with ActiveModel compliant models
- Zurb's Foundation integration
Railscast 234 - SimpleForm
Documentation and Discussions
- A navigable version of the README
- Mailing list
- Questions tagged with 'simple_form' on StackOverflow
- Source documentation
Gems and sample applications
- nested_form, a Rails plugin to conveniently handle multiple models in a single form, which supports SimpleForm.
- SimpleForm and Twitter Bootstrap, a sample application using SimpleForm 2 and Twitter Bootstrap.
I have a question, how should I proceed?
I believe I have found a bug.
First of all, search through the Issue Tracker to see if your bug hasn't been fixed yet
master branch. If not, do your best to supply a piece of code or a fresh
Rails application that reproduces your error along the error description and the
expected behavior. Bad Issue reports will be closed until they meet these requirements
so the SimpleForm maintainers can work on it.
If you find a security bug, DO NOT submit an issue here. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com instead.
Does SimpleForm works with ORM others than ActiveRecord?
SimpleForm is built on top of Rails FormBuilder, so it should work nicely with any
library that implements the proper ActiveModel API required by ActionPack. But if
you're using an ORM other ActiveRecord than SimpleForm won't be able to discover
the proper input types for the attributes on your model, so you might need to
define them on your own on your forms. For instance, when using Mongoid, you might
need to set options such as
<%= simple_form_for @post do |form| %> <%= form.input :category, collection: Category.all %> <%= form.input :contents, as: :text %> <%= form.input :published, as: :boolean %> <% end >
The page I was looking for on this wiki doesn't exist anymore.
If you encounter a broken link in this Wiki, check the Guides to see if the page you are looking for is still listed somewhere or review the Wiki History to figure out what might have happened to the page.