Antispam plugin with a sophisticated toolset for effective day to day comment and trackback spam-fighting. Built with data protection and privacy in mind.
Say Goodbye to comment spam on your WordPress blog or website. Antispam Bee blocks spam comments and trackbacks effectively and without captchas. It is free of charge, ad-free and compliant with European data privacy standards.
- Trust approved commenters.
- Trust commenters with a Gravatar.
- Consider the comment time.
- Treat BBCode links as spam.
- Validate the IP address of commenters.
- Use regular expressions.
- Search local spam database for commenters previously marked as spammers.
- Notify admins by e-mail about incoming spam.
- Delete existing spam after n days.
- Limit approval to comments/pings (will delete other comment types).
- Select spam indicators to send comments to deletion directly.
- Optionally exclude trackbacks and pingbacks from spam detection.
- Optionally spam-check comment forms on archive pages.
- Display spam statistics on the dashboard, including daily updates of spam detection rate and a total of blocked spam comments.
- Community support via the support forums on wordpress.org
- We don’t handle support via e-mail, Twitter, GitHub issues etc.
- Active development of this plugin is handled on GitHub.
- Pull requests for documented bugs are highly appreciated.
- If you think you’ve found a bug (e.g. you’re experiencing unexpected behavior), please post at the support forums first.
- If you want to help us translate this plugin you can do so on WordPress Translate.
- To test the plugin on your local machine, simply run
docker-compose upin the root folder and open
http://localhost:8081/in your browser.
- If you don’t know how to install a plugin for WordPress, here’s how.
- PHP 5.2.4 or greater
- WordPress 4.5 or greater
After you have activated Antispam Bee the plugin will block spam comments out of the box. However, you may want to visit Settings → Antispam Bee to configure your custom set of anti-spam options that works best for your site.
On sites operating from within the EU the option Use a public antispam database should not be activated for privacy reasons. When that option has been activated, Antispam Bee will match full IP addresses from comments against a public spam database. Technically it is not possible to encrypt those IPs, because spam databases only store and operate with complete, unencrypted IP addresses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please have a look in the FAQ pages.
A complete documentation is available in the GitHub repository Wiki.