- Contributors: pluginkollektiv
- Tags: security, md5, hash, checksum, scan, malware, SoakSoak
- Donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=TD4AMD2D8EMZW
- Requires at least: 3.8
- Tested up to: 4.9
- Stable tag: 0.0.2
- License: GPLv2 or later
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Verifies MD5 checksums of WordPress core files, sends e-mail to the mail address of your admin user warning in case of threat. Just activate it and you are done.
Checksum Verifier calculates MD5 checksums for all existing WordPress core files and checks them against official checksums. It thus will detect and react upon any unrecognized modifications made on your WordPress core system (for example SoakSoak malware).
Checksum Verifier runs a daily check on MD5 checksums. In case an unexpected result is detected in core, the plugin will send an e-mail with a list of affected files to site administrators (or super-admins in WordPress multisite). The first check-up will be executed during plugin activation. Regular core updates won’t cause any alarm, of course. Only in case core files have been compromised and your site might have been hacked, the plugin will notify you.
Checksum Verifier works as a "silent" background process and will only bother you in case of unexpected file modifications that could potentially threaten your core install.
Better security with WordPress.
Modify or extend an
arrayof file paths to be excluded from verification, relative to your WordPress installation path.
array('wp-config-sample.php', 'wp-includes/version.php', 'readme.html', 'readme-ja.html', 'liesmich.html', 'olvasdel.html', 'procitajme.html').
- Community support via the support forums on wordpress.org
- We don't handle support via e-mail, Twitter, GitHub issues etc.
- Active development of this plugin is handled on GitHub.
- Pull requests for documented bugs are highly appreciated.
- If you think you’ve found a bug (e.g. you’re experiencing unexpected behavior), please post at the support forums first.
- If you want to help us translate this plugin you can do so on WordPress Translate.
- Author: Sergej Müller
- Maintainers: pluginkollektiv
- English Translator: Caspar Hübinger
- Russian Translator: Sergej Müller
- If you don’t know how to install a plugin for WordPress, here’s how.
- WordPress 3.8 and higher
- PHP 5.2.4 and higher
wp-content/directory is excluded from verification
- Localized readme.html files excluded from verification
- Minor code enhancements
- Removed explicitly setting maximum execution time
- Checksum Verifier goes live