Polynimbus is a multi-cloud infrastructure management tool, designed to increase work efficiency with many separate cloud environments. It is composed from 4 subprojects:
- Polynimbus API - consistent command line API to manage server instances during their full lifecycle, from launching and software provisioning, through normal operation, until decommissioning.
- Polynimbus Inventory - crawler that analyzes resources (servers, databases, storage, domains, serverless objects etc.) created on all configured cloud accounts, and prepares an inventory, that can be used by eg. Polynimbus Panel.
- Polynimbus Panel - clean and simple web panel, showing all servers, databases, storage, domains, serverless objects etc., created across all configured cloud accounts. Using this panel, you can avoid over 90% of switching your browser between accounts during typical DevOps/SRE work and dramatically increase your productivity. Provided as separate repository for security reason.
- Polynimbus Backup - fully automatic local backup for object storage. Provided as separate repository, to allow installing Backup subproject on separate storage hardware, with minimal dependencies.
Polynimbus supports the following services and functionalities:
|Amazon Web Services||full||r/o||r/o||r/o||S3-only||detailed|
|Backblaze B2||all r/o|
|Google Cloud Platform||full||planned||planned||GS-only||basic|
|Microsoft Azure||full||sql-only||r/o||r/o||all r/o||detailed|
Polynimbus API hides all semantic differences between all supported cloud vendors, so you can eg. create your own server deployment scheme, and then easily shift your infrastructure betweens many vendors, accounts, pricing plans, promotions etc. to reduce your cloud bills.
Included web panel allows you to work efficiently with many cloud accounts, belonging to many different organizations (which is not possible using eg. AWS Organizations). You no longer need to log in to another cloud account each time you want just to check eg. configuration details of some server, or if particular database, storage bucket, Lambda function etc. is already created or not.
Polynimbus has to be installed exactly into
/opt/polynimbus directory. Basic installation is just:
git clone https://github.com/polynimbus/polynimbus /opt/polynimbus /opt/polynimbus/install.sh
This script will guide you through installation of required software dependencies. See API documentation for usage examples.
How to contribute
We are welcome to contributions of any kind: bug fixes, added code comments, support for new operating system versions, cloud vendors etc.
If you want to contribute:
- fork this repository and clone it to your machine
- create a feature branch and do the change inside it
- push your feature branch to github and create a pull request
|Author:||Tomasz Klim (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Copyright:||Copyright 2015-2022 Tomasz Klim|
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.