SilverStripe Moderno Admin
An extensive reskin of the SilverStripe 3.1 CMS admin interface
A SilverStripe module to give the CMS a more modern, flat appearance, while endeavouring to keep with the spirit of the original look and feel.
- SilverStripe 3.1 or newer
- NEW: branding settings for app name, app link, logo and loading images
- site config panel with color picker fields
- resizable site tree
- Flat, modern, minimalist look and feel
- Uses Font Awesome for most icons
- Extension allowing CMS menu items to use Font Awesome icons by name
- SVG SilverStripe logo
- Reskinned TinyMCE editor
- Uses the Google Font 'Roboto' for UI elements
require: "praxisnetau/silverstripe-moderno-admin": "~1.1"
To install this module manually, clone or download the repo, copy it to your document root ensuring the folder is called
moderno-admin and finally run a
Resizable Site Tree:
Font Awesome for CMS menu items:
You can now use Font Awesome icons for your CMS menu items (e.g. ModelAdmin classes) without writing your own custom CSS. To do this,
find the name of the Font Awesome icon you want to use for your class, and define
the private static
$awesome_icon on your class:
private static $awesome_icon = "fa-calendar";
You can also define icons for classes using the YAML config system, for example:
MyClassName: awesome_icon: fa-calendar
fa- prefix for icon names is optional, and may be safely omitted.
It's a good idea to include both the regular
$awesome_icon attributes for compatibility, for example:
private static $menu_icon = "mymodule/images/icons/calendar.png"; private static $awesome_icon = "fa-calendar";
?flush after adding
$awesome_icon to your class to update the CMS interface.
This module started as a simple CSS file of tweaks that quickly got way out of hand. :( There is plenty of room for improvement if you felt inclined to do so!
- Skin the ugly TinyMCE popups.
- Greatly improve CSS, switch to Sass/LESS?
- Change to using SVG icons for page types?
- Replace a few more bitmap icons, e.g. search icon in dropdowns, GridField sorting icons, AssetAdmin icons, and permissions icons for Members.