Slic3r Prusa Edition 1.42.0-alpha3
This a third public alpha release, fixing bugs found in the Slic3r 1.42.0-alpha2 release. Please check the 1.42.0-alpha1 change log for what is new in the 1.42 series.
- The build system has been polished, the build process including dependencies is now automated and well documented #827, #1039, #1421.
- "make install" was implemented on Linux including a FHS compliant variant to make the life easier for Linux package maintainers #1515.
- Implemented update of object position / orientation / scaling at the side bar on Enter key. Works on Windows and Linux, unfortunately it does not work yet on OSX due to technical limitations of the wxWidgets library #1518.
- Implemented [filament_extruder_id] placeholder to be used inside the start_filament_gcode and end_filament_gcode #1568.
- Improved visual hints at the layer slider to indicate that there are filament swap actions planned (the color change feature). We will yet improve the color palette to differentiate the neighboring layers better #1571.
- Added colored radio buttons for the "Simple / Advanced / Expert" mode to the side bar and to the top of each of the Print/Filament/Printer pages.
This release contains the following bug fixes:
- Fixed opening of an object in Slic3r from Fusion 360, it now works on both Windows and OSX #1239, #1555.
- Fixed erratic behavior on bed size over 1129mm #1373.
- Updated the OSX manifest to register the stl/obj/amf/3mf file types on Finder. One may now open Slic3r with a double click on a model file, or through "open with" menu in Finder, thanks @reven #1422.
- Fixed a regression issue in "Avoid crossing perimeters" feature #1505, #1541.
- Fixed a crash when moving a support blocker due to unguarded access to invalidated back end data #1506.
- Fixed opening of files in GUI slic3r from the command line #1508.
- Implemented uniform scaling via the Object Manipulation sidebar #1519.
- Fixed processing of the command line --datadir parameter. The string parameters like the --datadir are no more unescaped, string vector parameters are unescaped only if enquoted. #1526.
- Fixed a crash when trying to add a parameter override to an object instance. As we do not support parameter overrides for instances, now the parameter override is added to the instance's object, thus shared by all instances #1528.
- Fixed a crash when adding options to an object through the object's popup menu from the 3D view #1579.
- Fixed a bug introduced into alpha2, that broke saving of profiles #1584, #1598, #1601, #1604, #1612, #1628.
- Fixed update of the Filament Type field #1543.
- Fixed an assert in About dialog #1577.
- Fixed import of user config bundles, where the "inherits" flag was ignored, thus losing the inheritance status from the system profiles #1580.
- Improved vertical panning of the viewport with an empty bed #1589.
- Improved responsibility of the object manipulation in 3D scene due to frequent sidebar updates #1590.
- Fixed occasional jumping of an object to a far away position when dragging #1596.
- Fixed some localization issues at the side bar #1622.
- Fixed incorrectly disabled menus after a switch of the application language #1630.
- Fixed a crash when trying to slice with a wipe tower, breakable supports and explicit extruders assigned to the supports from the side bar. Now this unsupported combination of parameters is tested for and reported to the user #1632.
- Fixed a crash occurring when several instances of an object are deleted.
- Fixed an OSX specific regression error, where Slic3r would not start due to Finder passing an unexpected "process serial number" parameter on command line.
- The "Place to bed" has been improved to correctly handle scaled objects.