This is a second public beta release succeeding multiples of the Slic3r PE 1.42.0 alphas and the first beta. Compared to the current stable Slic3r PE 1.41.3 release, the Slic3r PE 1.42.0-beta1 features a significantly reworked user interface, new masked SLA support, improved stability and a lot more. Please check the detailed change log of the 1.42.0-alpha1 release for all the major changes, and don't miss the change logs of the successive alphas for incremental improvements upon the first alpha: 1.42.0-alpha3, 1.42.0-alpha4, 1.42.0-alpha5 1.42.0-alpha7 and 1.42.0-beta.
New features with respect to Slic3r PE 1.42.0-beta
- Buttons were added to the right of the preset combo boxes to switch to the parameter pages. Inspired by the upstream Slic3r, implemented by @alexrj.
- The Printer preset combo box newly features a new "Add new printer" item to open the configuration wizard.
- When saving a system profile, a suffix "- Copy" is added to the name of the system profile to avoid a name clash with the system profile.
- Delete key now works in the object list, with the exception of OSX (due to the limitations of the wxWidgets framework), where the Delete function is now accessible from the context menu #1990.
- Context menu in the 3D scene now opens on a mouse up event. The menu used to open on a mouse down event, which lead to some unintended menu selections if user moved the mouse cursor before lifting his finger.
- When the SLA support editing gizmo is active, the object / support / pad are now rendered each with its own color, not with the green color signifying a selection.
- SLA specific: Object elevation above the platform is now validated against the support and pad parameters. An error is issued, if the elevation is too low for the object to be printable over supports.
- Linux specific: Fixed a crash on Cut by plane operation #1874 #1955.
- Fixed an out of bounds selection in the object list, fixes some "Reload from disk" asserts #1890.
- A minimum size of the user interface elements has been established to avoid layout issues with extremely tiny system fonts (this will likely happen mainly on Linux where the user has a freedom experiment and break things) #1917.
- Fixed a regression issue introduced in the 1.42.0-beta, that caused Slic3r to crash and close when slicing small FDM models #1972 #1978 #1979 #1980 #1995.
- Fixed an FDM layer slider update. Updates caused by the layer view controls, for example by the "show travel moves" checkbox, will no more reset the layer slider to a full span #1976.
- Fixed an occasional crash when deleting a printer profile, for example when deleting a printer profile created by Configuration Wizard #1985.
- SLA specific: Fixed an issue, when duplicate layers were sometimes produced in case of multiple objects being sliced together.
- Fixed a crash if the number of FDM perimeters was set to an extreme number. Now the number of perimeters is limited to 10 thousands, which corresponds to 50 meters when printing with a 0.2 mm diameter nozzle.
- Fixed visual hints for the position manipulation from the side bar in case of a single volume selection.
- The huge png images of the print bed were removed from the installation, as these images are now rendered from vector SVGs.
- Menu items from the object pop up menu in Simple Mode, which work with object instances and object parts, were removed, as these are not supported in Simple Mode.
- The parameter tabs now refresh much quicker, especially on Windows on a high DPI display.
- Combo boxes with and without the bitmaps now use the same wxWidget control for unified look and feel.
- Alpha blending accuracy of overlay texts in the 3D scene (warnings, G-code legend) has been improved.