This is a second release candidate of PrusaSlicer 2.0.0, mostly fixing bugs discovered in the first release candidate. The PrusaSlicer 2.0.0-rc2 is a successor of the Slic3r Prusa Edition 1.42.0-beta2. Please see the change logs of 2.0.0-rc and 1.42.0-beta2 for the complete change logs of the 2.0.0 / 1.42.0 series.
- Refresh rate was increased while manipulating the layer slider in the print path preview #1250.
- List of filament types was extended with resin types less commonly used for FDM printing like PC, PEEK or PEKK. A free form text may newly be entered into the "filament type" field #1704 #2232.
- The default output_filename_format template was changed to contain the default ".gcode" file extension for the FDM technology and the ".sl1" file extension for the MSLA technology. This gives the user a clear cue, that the extension should better be provided in the template field. This change has been done to fix an issue, where the the code which processes the output_filaneme_format template considers everything after the last dot to be a custom file extension. Also newly an empty output_filename_format is supported as well, producing an output file name with a ".gcode" or an ".sl1" extension #1918.
- Fixed localization a configuration key by mistake, leading to a crash of PrusaSlicer 2.0.0-rc when switched to French language #2233.
- Fixed an issue in the "Send G-code to printer host" dialog, where the host upload path persisted even if erased #2234.
- The "save preset" dialog newly prohibits square brackets in the preset name, as the preset name is used as section key in a config bundle .ini file, and the closing square bracket is prohibited in a section key #2236.
- OSX specific: Fixed an issue of an edit field with a spin control, where the whole field context was being selected after each key stroke #2237, #2259.
- Fixed missing images on Windows, "invalid bitmap size" asserts on Linux #2238, #2240.
- Fixed inconsistent (+) versus (x) icons at the "Color print" layer slider #2249.
- Fixed wxWidgets asserts on Linux / GTK at closing of many dialogs #2250.
- OSX specific: Fixed layout issues caused by wxWidgets returning a zero HiDPI scaling value for some UI widgets, if these widgets were not yet fully constructed #2251.
- Windows specific: Fixed unnecessary notification of the File Explorer due to an association of the 3MF file format with PrusaSlicer at each application start up #2254.
- OSX specific: Fixed application signing issue at the build server #2269.
- At the Plater, the extruder selectors for a multi-material FDM printer now correctly limit the choice to the number of extruders defined at the Printer profile
- Fixed mangled non-latin1 characters in Model Volume name after copy/paste.
- Concept of a project file has been finished: The project file name is set when an AMF or 3MF file is drag & dropped onto the Plater, and the project name is used by the template processor to build the file name of the output G-code.
- Windows & Linux specific: Fixed a regression, where in the object list when in-place editing the object name, the accelerator keys (Delete, Backspace, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-A) were incorrectly captured by the object list, causing weired effects or even crashes.
- Added a new "Portions copyright..." dialog, which opens from the About dialog and it shows the used libraries, their authors and copyrights.