psd-tools is a Python package for working with Adobe Photoshop PSD files
as described in specification.
- Read and write of the low-level PSD/PSB file structure
- Raw layer image export in NumPy and PIL format
- Composition of basic pixel-based layers
- Composition of fill layer effects
- Vector masks
- Editing of some layer attributes such as layer name
- Blending modes except for dissolve
- Drawing of bezier curves
- Editing of layer structure, such as adding or removing a layer
- Composition of adjustment layers
- Composition of many layer effects
- Font rendering
pip to install the package:
pip install psd-tools
from psd_tools import PSDImage psd = PSDImage.open('example.psd') psd.composite().save('example.png') for layer in psd: print(layer) layer_image = layer.composite() layer_image.save('%s.png' % layer.name)
Check out the documentation for features and details.
See contributing page.