PySAL 1.6 Released (2013 07 31)
Clone this wiki locally
On behalf of the PySAL development team, I'm happy to announce the official release of PySAL 1.6.
PySAL is a library of tools for spatial data analysis and geocomputation written in Python. PySAL 1.6, the seventh official release of PySAL brings the following key enhancements:
Spatial weights (weights)
- Optimized contiguity builder
- Explicit checks for disconnected observations (islands)
- Lightweight sparse weights class
- Handle coincident points in construction of distance based weights
- Optimized construction of knn weights
Spatial regression (spreg)
- Chow test on spatial autoregressive coefficient in error, lag and combination regime models
- Kernel based weights specialized for HAC estimators
- Group-wise heteroskedasticity correction for OLS models with regimes
- Optimal GMM estimator to account for heteroskedasticity in TSLS models with regimes
Spatial inequality (inequality)
- Spatial decomposition of the Gini coefficient
Computational geometry (cg)
- Robust segment intersection tests
among the 246 commits and bug fixes since the last release, 6 months ago.
In addition, 1.6 marks the first release since PySAL moved from Google Code to GitHub
* pysal.core — Core Data Structures and IO * pysal.cg — Computational Geometry * pysal.esda — Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis * pysal.inequality — Spatial Inequality Analysis * pysal.spatial_dynamics — Spatial Dynamics * pysal.spreg - Regression and Diagnostics * pysal.region — Spatially Constrained Clustering * pysal.weights — Spatial Weights * pysal.FileIO — PySAL FileIO: Module for reading and writing various file types in a Pythonic way
Source distributions are available at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySAL
Binary installers are availble from the GeoDa Center for Geospatial Analysis and Computation
PySAL can also be installed with pip or easy_install.
The documentation site is here http://pythonhosted.org/PySAL/
PySAL's home is here http://pysal.org/
The developer's site is here https://github.com/pysal/pysal
Please see the developer's list here http://groups.google.com/group/pysal-dev
Help for users is here http://groups.google.com/group/openspace-list
Bug reports and feature requests
To search for or report bugs, as well as request enhancements, please see https://github.com/pysal/pysal/issues
See the file "LICENSE.txt" for information on the history of this software, terms & conditions for usage, and a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES.
Many thanks to all who contributed!
Serge, on behalf of the PySAL development team.