Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release focuses on changes to RedoxFS, the bootloader, and the kernel to enable filesystem UUIDs.
The basic logic is this:
- The bootloader loads the kernel from RedoxFS on the disk it is present on
- The bootloader passes the UUID as an environmental variable to the kernel
- The kernel passes the environmental variables to the init process
- The init script for the init filesystem passes this UUID as an argument to RedoxFS
- RedoxFS searches all available disks for a filesystem matching this UUID, and mounts it as the root filesystem
This was particularly important for the installation of Redox.