A simple file-based database engine.
This repository contains the Python implementation of breezedb. Documentation is available from source or online
This code is written for Python 2.7
Licensed under GPLv2
- breezedb aims to be a simple way of storing data in files, avoiding the need for a database server to be installed and running in the machine.
- Stores data in a single file
- It is meant to store small amounts of data.
- All operations are done on the local file system.
- There is no need to redistribute a database with your application, as it can be created on the go.
- JSON structure for organizing the data.
You can install the library from source by running:
python setup.py install
with the required permissions. You can also install it from PyPI by running:
pip install breezedb
For more information, including structures and organization, please visit the documentation.