Clone this wiki locally
Compatibility Testing History
For information on what devices have been tested and known to work, see the Compatibility Page Please feel free to add your own experiences!
From the original project homepage:
Wiiuse is a library written in C that connects with several Nintendo Wii remotes. Supports motion sensing, IR tracking, nunchuk, classic controller, and the Guitar Hero 3 controller. Single threaded and nonblocking makes a light weight and clean API.
The original project appears to be dormant/dead, but the code is useful and has proliferated. There are a number of existing projects that build/extend on the wiiuse code. This fork aims to merge the useful parts of these mini-forks into a semi-authoritative version, and add additional cleanups.
See more in the project readme
Improvements over 0.12
For more information on progress since 0.12, see the Changelog file
- CMake-based build system
- Standardized system of defines for use by client code
- Switch to types when bit-width matters (improved 64-bit compatibility)
- Endianness-aware code (works on big endian too, not just little endian x86)
- Primary initial codebase
- Original author: Michael Laforest
- Source of initial balance board support
- Author: Christopher Sawczuk
- Source of some bugfixes to balance board support
- Will be the source of further improvements (motionplus, etc)
- Source of Mac OS X support
- Project history contains substantial changes to the WiiUse code