Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Createrepo_c is a C implementation of the classical Createrepo tool and simultaneously a C library for manipulation with a repodata. Createrepo_c provides Python bindings too, so could be easily used instead of yum library for certain kinds of manipulations with repodata.
- Speed - Implementation in C has a massive positive impact to the speed.
- Compatibility - Createrepo_c tries to be as much compatible as possible (100% compatibility is goal). But there could be some little differences - Check the README.md - "Differences in behavior between createrepo_c and createrepo" for details.
Development with createrepo_c library
Createrepo_c is not only C implementation of the classical Createrepo. It is also a library providing C and Python API as well.
- Check out some example scripts which use the Createrepo_c python bindings.
- Interested in the latest reference documentation? Build the sources and use
make docto generate both, C and Python, documentation to the
- C header files are documented by the Doxygen style
- Python bindings uses a Sphinx
- Thanks to this commenting approach, you have a documentation always at hand (in C header files/via python help() function)
Some specific topics
Could be found at examples directory