New ESPNCricInfo Data URL
Displays live scores from ESPNcricinfo website in your indicator panel
Uses the unofficial JSON from ESPN Website to get the summary and scorecard for currently active matches
Ubuntu (Unity) 14.04 and above should work out of box.
GNOME users should install AppIndicator Support shell extension first.
KDE is not supported.
Ubuntu/Debian users should use the PPA which automatically pulls dependencies.
ChangeLog - 5.0
- The URL has been modified
- The inidcator is working again
sudo pip install cricket_score_indicator If icons are not working then use :: sudo git-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor sudo git-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-dark sudo git-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rawcoder/cricket-score-indicator sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cricket-score-indicator
From terminal run:
To run indicator in background
nohup cricscore_indicator &
Run from the Application Menu
search for Cricket Score Indicator
Initially all scorecards (submenus) are disabled for reducing network usage as submenu update uses more data. The icons will not update as well since the update depends on scorecard data.
To enable scorecard for a particular match, use the "Scorecard" check button inside the submenu of that match.
- Shows current score as indicator label
- Updated as soon as espncricinfo is updated
- Submenu shows the scorecard of corresponding match
- Categories for International and Domestic matches
- Option to set a particular match score as indicator label
- Adds new match as it is available and deletes the unavailable ones
- Icon shows the runs scored on the last delivery of the corresponding match
- Initially all submenus (scorecards) are hidden to reduce network usage
Licenced under GPL v3. See the LICENSE file