node-tileserver is a lightweight tileserver using NodeJS. It can serve bitmap and vector tiles and is designed as a fast and easy-to-install tileserver for rendering OpenStreetMap data. It works perfectly with an osm2pgsql database and Leaflet and KothicJS on the client side.
- Serves tiles bitmap tiles usable in Leaflet or OpenLayers
- Serves vector tiles rendered on clientside by KothicJS
- Uses KothicJS both as bitmap renderer on serverside and canvas renderer on clientside
- Filesystem caching mechanisms
- Map styling with MapCSS
- Support for tiles in multiple rendering styles
- Designed to use a osm2pgsql hstore database containing OpenStreetMap data
- Refresh tiles manually by GET requests
- Rerender expired tiles automatically in the background
- High performance that profits from the non-blocking I/O design of NodeJS
- Easy to install on several operating systems, distributions and environments due to less dependencies
- Renders bitmap tiles in "retina" quality (Supersampling)
Follow the installation instructions.
- OpenRailwayMap - a map of the global railway network based on OpenStreetMap. Provides a client-rendered canvas and a standard bitmap tile version of the map.
Want to contribute to node-tileserver? Patches for new features, bug fixes, documentation, examples and others are welcome. Take also a look at the issues.
You can honor this project also by a donation with Paypal. This project is operated by the developers in their spare time and has no commercial goals. By making a donation you can show that you appreciate the voluntary work of the developers and can motivate them to continue the project in the future.
Copyright (C) 2014 Alexander Matheisen
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
mapcss_converter.py and the files in the
kothic directories are published under other licenses. See the header of each file for more information.