A low-tech solution for staying on top of your finances across different institutions and asset classes.
- grand overview: make an overview over all your finances across currency and saving accounts, stocks and bitcoin
- convert: compare the value of assets, e.g., stocks and bitcoin, by automatically converting them to a common currency, e.g., EUR
- use csv-files from banks: keep track of bank accounts based on csv-files that you can typically download from bank websites
- loans: keep track of loans that you give to people
- interoperability: csv as low-tech solution to try to stay compatible with as many institutions as possible and be able to manually edit, if necessary
- local: everything runs on your computer and you're in control of your data
csv-homeaccounting can't do
- buy or sell assets
- send or receive money
It's no banking package. It just collects and analyses executed transactions.
Clone the repository and do
python setup.py install
In my installation I had to add the following line to forex-python's
from . import converter
An extensive demo of the package can be found in the jupyter notebook Homeaccounting_Demo.ipynb under