PoissonMLS plugin for Maya /**
- @brief Poisson MLS Deformer plugins for Maya
- @section LICENSE The MIT License
- @section requirements: Eigen 3: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/
- @section Autodesk Maya: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-maya/overview
- @section (included) AffineLib: https://github.com/shizuo-kaji/AffineLib
- @version 0.10
- @date 19/Nov/2016
- @author Shizuo KAJI */
This is a deformer plugin based on the Moving Least Square deformation and the Poisson mesh editing techniques. The algorithm is presented at MEIS2016:
How to compile:
- Mac OS: Look at the included Xcode project file
- Windows: Look at the included Visual Studio project. DO NOT turn on AVX instructions.
- Other: Look at the included Makefile
- on some systems, specifying the compiler option -DEIGEN_DONT_VECTORIZE may be necessary to avoid compilation errors (thank giordi91 for this information)
How to use:
- put the plugins in "MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH"
- put the UI python script in "MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH"
- open script editor in Maya and type in the following Python command:
import ui_PoissonMLS as ui ui.UI_PoissonMLS()
- Select multiple objects which you would like to make control points.
- While holding the shift key, select the target mesh to be deformed. (that is, the target mesh is the last among the selected objects.)
- Create deformer node from the menu of the included UI script.
- By default, the weight(influence) of each control point is connected by the scale attribute.
The "poisson" option works only with clean meshes. First apply "Cleanup" from "Mesh" menu to remove zero faces and edges, non-manifold geometry, etc.