Lunchbot - Skygear JS Cloud Code Demo
This project allows your team to create a list of lunch places in which the bot will suggest lunch place to eat on a schedule.
This is a Skygear JS Cloud Code demo of the following cloud code features:
- Scheduled Tasks (suggest where to go for lunch at an interval)
- Calling Skygear API (saving and querying lunch places)
- Making SQL query with a PostgreSQL connection (for those data not exposed via a Skygear API)
- Handler (implement Slack webhook request)
- Skygear (sign up an account at Skygear Cloud)
- Slack Incoming Webhook
- Slack Slash Command
- Clone this repository
- Create an account in Skygear Cloud
- Push the repository to Skygear Cloud (see doc for details)
- Create Slack Incoming Webhook and Slack Slash Command
- Configure the bot using environment variables
The bot can be configured with the following environment variables:
SLACK_SLASH_COMMAND_TOKEN- The token is provided by slack to verify that the slash command really comes from slack.
SLACK_INCOMING_WEBHOOK- The incoming webhook is how the bot can send a message to a slack channel. Also provided by slack.
DEBUG_MODE- Print additional log when value is
CHANNEL_OVERRIDE- Always send message to this channel.
DEFAULT_USER- The username that the bot will use to access Skygear. Default value is
LUNCH_SCHEDULE- Bot will send message in this lunch schedule. Please see the doc for scheduled task format.