VagrantFile that launches a Usergrid 2.1.0 VM
The VagrantFile in this directory starts a Virtual Machine (VM) that runs the Usergrid Stack and Portal at http://10.1.1.161:8080/portal on your machine.
For local development and testing purposes -- not for production.
It installs and starts Cassandra + ElasticSearch, installs and starts Tomcat, installs and configures Usergrid 2 Stack and Portal to run on Tomcat.
How to launch the VM
- Install Vagrant on your computer
- Clone the GitHub usergrid-vagrant repo
- cd into the usergrid-vagrant directory
- Run this command to launch the Vagrant VM with Usergrid: vagrant up
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the installation to complete.
How to access the Usergrid Portal
Once the VM launches and completes initialization, you should be able to:
- Go to http://10.1.1.161:8080/status to view the Usergrid status page.
- Go to http://10.1.1.161:8080/portal to login to the Usergrid administration portal. You can login as superuser with password test. From there you can setup admin users and applications.
- Use the Usergrid API to interact with your Usergrid BaaS, the base URL for API calls is http://10.1.1.160:8080.
You can also use vagrant ssh to login to the VM and see the Usergrid installation. You'll find Java 1.8, Apache Cassandra, Tomcat and Usegrid installed. Three key parts of the Usergrid installation are:
- Usergrid properties file: /usr/share/tomcat7/lib/usergrid-custom.properties
- Usergrid WAR file: /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT.war
- Usergrid Portal: /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/portal
For more about the Usergrid BaaS and its API, see the official Apache Usergrid Documentation site.