SocketStream is a framework for Realtime Web Apps
Latest release: 0.3.11 (view changelog)
npm install -g socketstream
socketstream new <your_app_name> cd <your_app_name> npm install npm start
Then open a web browser at localhost:3000:
Building a simple chat app that uses websockets is easy, but rich, non-trivial, responsive realtime UI without ending up with a mess of code is hard SocketStream eases the pain by:
- Integrating best-of-breed modules to increase productivity
- Providing a sensible place to put everything
- Accelerating development with Live Reload and (optional) support for Stylus, Jade, and other transpilers.
- Accelerating deployment with integrated asset packing and CDN support
- Organizing spaghetti client-side code into modules you can
- Working well with all major client-side frameworks (e.g. Backbone, Ember, Angular)
Applications using SocketStream
- SketchDeck: An app for designing great slide decks from sketches, also a Y Combinator tech startup.
- Hollow: An interactive site for the award-winning documentary Hollow, which debuted at the Sundance festival.
- Bitjoy: Realtime Bitcoin prices and news.
- Teeleader: A booking engine for Golf courses.
(most recent at end)
- KrtConf.com, Portland, November 2011
- LNUG.org, London, May 2012
- LXJS, Lisbon, September 2012
- RealtimeConf, Portland, October 2012
- QCon, San Francisco, November 2012
- RealtimeConf EU, Lyon, April 2013
Checkout the documentation here.
Creator: Owen Barnes
- Paul Jensen
- Roman Minkin
- Robert Hall
- Joshua Cullick
- Henrik Vendelbo
SocketStream is released under the MIT license.