WARNING: The current version of this package does only support Wagtail 4.x. If you want to use it with Wagtal 2.x use version 0.0.8 or for Wagtail 3.x please use version 0.1.0. See the changelog for more information.
This panel can be used instead of an
InlinePanel to help your editors upload multiple related images to your pages.
This project is completely based on this PR: wagtail/wagtail#4393 by @rajeev (https://github.com/rajeev). For various reasons the PR hasn't been merged to wagtail core so I just retrieved the files there and added them to this repository along with some installation instructions. Please notice that there are many duplicated things because some basic functionality that this panel uses is actually missing from wagtail core so things that exist in wagtail core need to be duplicated here to override their functionality.
This project has been mainly implemented to cover my requirements; I'll try to keep it updated with new wagtail versions but I can't promise anything. It should work fine with Wagtail 2.8-4.0 (I've used it with all these versions myself); please see the changelog for more details. The latest version supports only Wagtail 4.x.
How does it look
So you'll have the normal image functionality and you'll be able to use the button to select multiple files from your computer!
First of all install this using pip:
pip install git+https://github.com/spapas/wagtail-multi-upload.git
or use a specific tag to support older versions, for example for v0.0.8 that supports Wagtail 2.x
pip install git+https://email@example.com
or version v0.1.0 that supports Wagtail 3.x
pip install git+https://firstname.lastname@example.org
"wagtail_multi_upload" to your
Finally, you must add a view to your urls.py like this:
from wagtail_multi_upload.views import add as add_multiple_fix urlpatterns = [ #... other views re_path(r"^multi-add-fix/", add_multiple_fix, name="add_multiple_fix"), ]
The last change is needed because the default multi-add view of wagtail won't return the correct information that this panel needs.
After you've installed this, you can go to any one of your Pages that has related images and replace your
MultipleImagesPanel needs the
image_field_name which is the name of the image field of your related image
Here's a more complete example (from the wagtail tutorial):
# Other imports are the same from wagtail_multi_upload.edit_handlers import MultipleImagesPanel class BlogPage(Page): date = models.DateField("Post date") intro = models.CharField(max_length=250) body = RichTextField(blank=True) search_fields = Page.search_fields + [ index.SearchField('intro'), index.SearchField('body'), ] content_panels = Page.content_panels + [ FieldPanel('date'), FieldPanel('intro'), FieldPanel('body', classname="full"), #Change this # InlinePanel('gallery_images', label="Gallery images"), # to this MultipleImagesPanel("gallery_images", label="Gallery images", image_field_name="image"), ] class BlogPageGalleryImage(Orderable): page = ParentalKey(BlogPage, on_delete=models.CASCADE, related_name='gallery_images') image = models.ForeignKey( 'wagtailimages.Image', on_delete=models.CASCADE, related_name='+' ) caption = models.CharField(blank=True, max_length=250) panels = [ ImageChooserPanel('image'), FieldPanel('caption'), ]
- 0.2.0: Fix bug with Wagtail 4.x ordering. This release drops support for Wagtail 2.x and 3.x.
- 0.1.2: Fix bug with Wagtail 4.x
- 0.1.1: Add Wagtail 4.x support.
- 0.1.0: Add Wagtail 3.x support. Drop support for Wagtail 2.x.
- 0.0.8: Fixes version Warning This has been tested only with Wagtail 2.16. If for some reasons you have problems try installing the version 0.0.6 instead
- 0.0.7: Fixes to work with Wagtail telepath. Warning This has been tested only with Wagtail 2.16. If for some reasons you have problems try installing the version 0.0.6 instead
- 0.0.6: Make it compatible with latest wagtail version and Django 4.x
- 0.0.5: Make it compatible with latest wagtail version
- 0.0.4: Make it compatible with latest wagtail version
- 0.0.3: Improve package includes
- 0.0.2: Fix bug when adding a new image without using the multi upload functionality
- 0.0.1: Initial version