SparkFun Cryptographic Co-Processor Breakout - ATECC608A (Qwiic)
The SparkX ATECC608A Cryptographic Co-processor Breakout allows you to add strong security to your IoT node, edge device, or embedded system. This includes asymmetric authentication, symetric AES-128 encryption/decryption, and much more. Note, the ATECC608A has limited Arduino support and the complete datasheet is under NDA with Microchip.
This breakout board includes two Qwiic ports for plug and play functionality. Utilizing our handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, we still have broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard. The ATECC608A chip is capable of many cryptographic processes, including, but not limited to:
- Creating and securely storing unique asymmetric key pairs based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography (FIPS186-3).
- AES-128: Encrypt/Decrypt, Galois Field Multiply for GCM
- Creating and verifying 64-byte digital signatures (from 32-bytes of message data).
- Creating a shared secret key on a public channel via Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Algorithm.
- SHA-256 & HMAC Hash including off-chip context save/restore
- Internal high quality FIPS random number generator.
- /Documentation - Data sheets, additional product information
- /Hardware - Eagle design files (.brd, .sch)
- /Production - Production panel files (.brd)
- Eagle Files
- Board Dimensions
- Github Hardware Repo
- Datasheet Summary (ATECC608A) Note, this is not the complete datasheet, which is under NDA with Microchip.
- ArduinoECCX08 Arduino Library
- CryptoAuthLib - Microchip CryptoAuthentication Library (includes python support)
- Microchip ATECC608A Product page
This product is open source!
Please review the LICENSE.md file for license information.
If you have any questions or concerns on licensing, please contact technical support on our SparkFun forums.
Distributed as-is; no warranty is given.
- Your friends at SparkFun.