Butaca: movie database
What is Butaca?
Butaca is a movie database application for MeeGo Harmattan, the operating system running on the Nokia N9. You can use it to:
- Get all details about movies and TV shows: release date, overview, cast & crew, trailer...
- Get all details about a celebrity: birth details, biography, filmography...
- Check showtimes -when available- for cinemas around you
Download Butaca at openrepos.net
How does it work?
Butaca uses different data sources to present its content. It gets the information about movies, TV shows and celebrities from The Movie Database, an open movie database where everybody can collaborate. It shows movie showtimes -when available- using results from Google Showtimes.
Bugs & Feedback
I -Simón Pena- develop Butaca on my free time. I am writing it hoping that you enjoy it and find it useful, but there could be bugs or things you would expect to work in a different way. If you find issues or have ideas to improve this application, don't hesitate to create an entry in the bug tracker.
Butaca is free software, licensed under the GPL 3.0 license, which means there are several ways you can contribute to it:
- Fork the project, modify the sources, and send merge requests with patches
- Translate Butaca to your language
- File bugs or write feature requests in the bug tracker
- Spread the word, and recommend it to your friends
- Rate us on openrepos.net
Butaca is a proud member of the Qt Ambassador Program
- Butaca uses mainly
qsTrIdfor translations. As reported in QTBUG-17327, in
lupdatewon't extract engineering translations when
//%is used. Newer versions work fine.
- There are a couple of
ListModelstranslated manually using
Component.onCompleted, since as reported in QTBUG-11403 and QTBUG-16289,
qsTrIdcannot be used inside