Go RabbitMQ Client Library
This is an AMQP 0.9.1 client with RabbitMQ extensions in Go.
This project has been used in production systems for over 3 years. It is reasonably mature and feature complete, and as of November 2016 has a team of maintainers instead of being a one man show.
Future API changes are unlikely but possible. They will be discussed on Github issues along with any bugs or enhancements.
Supported RabbitMQ Versions
This project supports RabbitMQ versions starting with
2.0 but primarily tested
against reasonably recent
3.x releases. Some features and behaviours may be
Provide a functional interface that closely represents the AMQP 0.9.1 model targeted to RabbitMQ as a server. This includes the minimum necessary to interact the semantics of the protocol.
Things not intended to be supported.
- Auto reconnect and re-synchronization of client and server topologies.
- Reconnection would require understanding the error paths when the topology cannot be declared on reconnect. This would require a new set of types and code paths that are best suited at the call-site of this package. AMQP has a dynamic topology that needs all peers to agree. If this doesn't happen, the behavior is undefined. Instead of producing a possible interface with undefined behavior, this package is designed to be simple for the caller to implement the necessary connection-time topology declaration so that reconnection is trivial and encapsulated in the caller's application code.
- AMQP Protocol negotiation for forward or backward compatibility.
- 0.9.1 is stable and widely deployed. Versions 0.10 and 1.0 are divergent specifications that change the semantics and wire format of the protocol. We will accept patches for other protocol support but have no plans for implementation ourselves.
- Anything other than PLAIN and EXTERNAL authentication mechanisms.
- Keeping the mechanisms interface modular makes it possible to extend outside of this package. If other mechanisms prove to be popular, then we would accept patches to include them in this package.
See the 'examples' subdirectory for simple producers and consumers executables. If you have a use-case in mind which isn't well-represented by the examples, please file an issue.
Use Godoc documentation for reference and usage.
RabbitMQ tutorials in Go are also available.
Pull requests are very much welcomed. Create your pull request on a non-master branch, make sure a test or example is included that covers your change and your commits represent coherent changes that include a reason for the change.
To run the integration tests, make sure you have RabbitMQ running on any host,
export the environment variable
AMQP_URL=amqp://host/ and run
go test -tags integration. TravisCI will also run the integration tests.
Thanks to the community of contributors.
BSD 2 clause - see LICENSE for more details.