LoopBack is a highly-extensible, open-source Node.js framework that enables you to:
- Create dynamic end-to-end REST APIs with little or no coding.
- Access data from Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, SOAP and other REST APIs.
- Incorporate model relationships and access controls for complex APIs.
- Use built-in push, geolocation, and file services for mobile apps.
- Run your application on-premises or in the cloud.
LoopBack consists of:
- A library of Node.js modules.
- Yeoman generators for scaffolding applications.
- Client SDKs for iOS, Android, and web clients.
LoopBack tools include:
- Command-line tool
slc loopbackto create applications, models, data sources, and so on.
- StrongLoop Arc, a graphical tool for editing LoopBack applications; and for deploying and monitoring applications.
For more details, see http://loopback.io/.
The LoopBack framework is a set of Node.js modules that you can use independently or together.
The LoopBack community has created and supports a number of additional connectors. See Community connectors for details.
StrongLoop provides a number of example applications that illustrate various key LoopBack features. In some cases, they have accompanying step-by-step instructions (tutorials).
See loopback-example for details.