What is this?
Browse is a web browser activity for the Sugar desktop.
How to use?
Browse is part of the Sugar desktop and is always included. Please refer to;
How to upgrade?
On Sugar desktop systems;
- use My Settings, Software Update, or;
- use Browse to open activities.sugarlabs.org, search for
Browse, then download.
How to integrate?
On Debian and Ubuntu systems;
apt install sugar-browse-activity
On Fedora systems;
dnf install sugar-browse
Browse depends on Python, Sugar Toolkit, D-Bus, Cairo, Telepathy, GTK+ 3, Pango, Rsvg, Soup, Evince and WebKit.
Browse is started by Sugar.
Browse is packaged by Linux distributions;
- Debian package sugar-browse-activity,
- Ubuntu package sugar-browse-activity, and;
- Fedora package sugar-browse.
How to develop?
- setup a development environment for Sugar desktop,
- clone this repository,
- edit source files,
- test in Terminal by typing
Code inside Browse depends on several APIs, including;
master branch targets an environment with latest stable release
of Sugar, with dependencies on
latest stable release of Fedora and Debian distributions.
not-webkit2 branch is a backport of features and bug fixes from
master branch for ongoing maintenance of the activity on Fedora
18 systems which don't have well-functioning WebKit2 packages.