tabula 1.1.1 / tabula-java 0.9.2
Tabula 1.1.1 version contains an update of our processing backend (tabula-java 0.9.2) which fixes several bugs.
If you have any issues with this version of Tabula, please let us know!
- Fixed: exports only used Lattice mode. Also fixes other similar "Lattice-only" bugs. (#587, #607, #613, & more)
- Upgraded build to use jruby-126.96.36.199
- Upgraded build to use Java 8u121.
- Lots and lots of other fixes & improvements.
Known Issues & Caveats
- Note: If you are using the .jar version (for Linux/etc), you now need to open your browser to the Tabula page (http://127.0.0.1:8080/) manually.
- Caveat: Tabula only works on text-based PDFs (ones where you can select text). Scanned documents do not work, and we do not recommend OCR for large files unless you have a data cleaning plan since even state-of-the-art OCR software can have significant error rates.
- _OS X Gatekeeper_: If you’re running Mac OS X 10.8 or later and get a message that says "Tabula can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" message, please let us know. (It shouldn't be happening anymore.) See this GateKeeper page for more assistance — your "Allow applications downloaded from" setting should be set to "Mac App Store and identified developers" or "Anywhere."
- Windows: tabula-win-1.1.1.zip (PGP sig)
- Mac: tabula-mac-1.1.1.zip (PGP sig)
- Linux/Other: tabula-jar-1.1.1.zip (PGP sig)
$ shasum -a256 tabula*.zip 8e2175a0b954989c4997b5f6d82198dbe815b0c9da550b4ca965b94e35643c14 tabula-jar-1.1.1.zip 7b02fa0cc00719316332785c116cdae815b33c5dab2157da27cec44ccacf7593 tabula-mac-1.1.1.zip 8e0d2c564882b502a258cb78e99d6946e344b09347a5aae71e478023b82bae3b tabula-win-1.1.1.zip
You can also verify that you are downloading an authentic, unmodified version of Tabula using PGP. Files are signed with Mike Tigas’ key (0xA993E7156E0E9923), which is available here, on Keybase, or on most key servers.
.zip of the Tabula version you want and also download the corresponding
.zip.asc, then use the
gpg --verify command, such as:
$ gpg --verify tabula-jar-1.1.1.zip.asc
You will want the output to contain
Good signature from "Mike Tigas <...>" somewhere in it.