Xerte Online Toolkits
Latest release : v3.5 (released on July 19, 2017)
Installation Instructions (Stable release, .zip)
Here's a quick guide to installing toolkits on your local computer:
- Download and install XAMPP from http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-win32-1.7.0-installer.exe accepting the default settings;
- Download Xerte Online Toolkits from http://xerte.org.uk
- Unzip the folder 'xertetoolkits' to c:\xampp\htdocs, giving you c:\xampp\htdocs\xertetoolkits
- Start Apache and MySQL in XAMPP control panel
- Visit http://localhost/xertetoolkits/setup
- Click the XAMPP button.
Server administrators should choose the 'full install' option and step through the wizard. When copying the files to a server, you can use the setup utility at http://yourserver.com/yourtololkitsfolder/setup
Installation Instructions (unstable release, github)
cd /path/to/apache/document/root git clone https://github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits.git .
- PHP v5.1.2+ with either sqlite or mysql extensions available.
- Apache or some other web server that is setup to execute PHP.
- Write permission to USER-FILES
Optional additions :
- ClamAV - if /usr/bin/clamscan exists, uploads will be checked for viruses. Requires appropriate AV definitions are in place.
- XML parsing - if PHP has the 'xml' module installed, then we'll validate the Learning Object's XML before saving on the server.
- Transcoding support for video files - see/read cron/transcoding.php - when run it will attempt to convert .flv files to .mp4 files to improve template viewing on Adobe-flash-free devices.
If you do not go through /setup (and stick with using Sqlite) then the Sqlite database will be somewhere in /tmp. Edit config.php to change this.