A visual zap-to-char command for Emacs.
If you install from emacs packaging system, you probably have nothing to do apart binding zop-to-char to a key (See below).
If you install from git, you will have to add this to your init file:
(autoload 'zop-to-char "zop-to-char.el" nil t) (autoload 'zop-up-to-char "zop-to-char.el" nil t)
Bind zop-to-char to a key
You will probably want to use zop-to-char instead of zap-to-char:
(global-set-key [remap zap-to-char] 'zop-to-char)
You will have all needed infos in minibuffer or in mode-line if minibuffer is in use.
- Works in minibuffer
- You can change direction with
C-f. When starting at end of buffer zop-to-char search automatically backward.
- You can use zop-to-char to move to a place (use C-q).
- Hit repetitively the character you are searching will move to next.
- You can copy or kill region from point to last search point.
- C-g will quit and bring you back to initial position.
zop-to-char fits well in minibuffer with eldoc-eval