Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This is Release 4.79 of Popeye.
In order to use Popeye, you want to download an executable program or the source code to build an executable program yourself.
Windows 64bit: pywin64.exe Windows 32bit: pywin32.exe MacOS X: pymacos Linux: popeye-4.79-sources.zip
Instead of downloading the source zip archive, you can also clone the git repository or (I assume) use one of the Source Code links below.
Download the usage guide in your favourite language:
py-engl.txt (English) py-deut.txt (Deutsch) py-fran.txt (Français)
Example input files
The example input file archives will help you input problems correctly:
popeye-4.79-examples.zip (English as input language) popeye-4.79-beispiel.zip (German)
Changes since Popeye 4.77
- condition Partial Paralysis
- condition Lost Pieces: pieces lost in king flight attempts from check were not removed
- conditions Reversal Einstein Chess and Anti-Einstein Chess: pawns weren't allowed to do double or or triple steps from their side's base line
- combination of conditions UltraSchachZwang and Anticirce: Popeye would crash or produce weird output
- condition SuperGuards: there was an "interesting" interaction with the en passant machinery
- piece type Friend: Popeye would crash or produce weird output