"For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel." Ezra 7:10
Ezra Project is a bible study software focussing on topical study based on keywords/tags. This program helps the user to easily create and manage topical verse lists. Ezra Project works with SWORD bible translation modules and thus enables bible study in many languages. It runs on Linux and Windows. Click here to get the latest release.
Install Ezra Project by downloading the zip file and extracting it in a directory of your choice. After that, you can execute Ezra Project using the binary ezra-project.exe in the toplevel folder.
Once the SWORD library is available install Ezra Project by downloading the tar.gz file and extracting it in a directory of your choice. After that, you can execute Ezra Project using the binary ezra-project in the toplevel folder.
Usage / Howto
Watch this video howto to understand how to use Ezra Project.
Furthermore, the following components are used (among others):
- Sequelize ORM for handling database access
- Pug template engine for rendering verse list
- jQuery Steps for the bible translation wizard
- ISO-639-1 for turning bible translation language codes into readable language names
- officegen for exporting tagged verse lists to Word documents
- SpinKit for CSS-animated loading spinners
Building Ezra Project
Instructions to be added
The following build instructions are valid for Debian/Ubuntu based distributions.
Setup and build
- Install compiler/lib dependencies:
sudo apt-get install build-essential nodejs libsword-dev libsqlite3-0 libcurl4-gnutls-dev pkg-config
- Clone Ezra Project from git repo or unpack sources from release
- Install Ezra Project dependencies, execute this commmand in the project dir:
- Rebuild C/C++ dependencies, execute this command in the project dir:
npm run rebuild-linux
After performing these steps you can run Ezra Project by executing this command in the project dir:
Create a release directory
To create a release directory that contains all necessary files (except Sword and SQLite libs), execute the following command in the project dir:
npm run package-linux
After running the above command you will find a new directory
The application binary within that directory is named
To give feedback (bug reports, feature requests) please use the Github issue system. Click here to file a new Issue for Ezra Project.