"For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel." Ezra 7:10
Ezra Project is a cross-platform bible study tool focussing on topical study based on keywords/tags. This program helps the user to easily create and manage topical verse lists. Ezra Project works with SWORD bible translation modules and thus enables bible study in many languages. It runs on Windows, Linux and macOS. Click here to get the latest release.
Usage / Howto
Watch this video to understand how to use Ezra Project.
Ezra Project comes with the following functionality:
- Bible browsing functionality
- Books are opened entirely and you can scroll through the chapters seemlessly.
- You can compare the bible translations of the selected verses.
- Access to all bible translations available from CrossWire's repositories.
- Tagging functionality - topical verse lists
- Tag within the currently opened book or verse list.
- Lookup all verses of a tag (show verses in the main browsing window).
- Lookup all verses of a tag in the context of a book or verse list (show verses in small popup).
- Export a tagged verse list to a document.
- Show tag statistics for the currently opened book.
- Search within the currently opened book or verse list (CTRL + f).
- Search within the full bible translation.
- Tabbed user interface
- Each tab either shows a book, a tagged verse list or search results.
- Previously opened tabs are loaded again on program start.
- User interface available in the following languages:
- English, German
Ezra Project is currently on a bi-monthly release schedule. The next release 0.11.0 is planned for December 2019 with the following new features:
- Strong's support
- French translation
The latest installation packages for Windows, Linux and macOS can be found on this page. Specific install instructions are below.
Install Ezra Project by downloading the installer. The installer can then be executed with one click/double-click. Once installed, Ezra Project will open automatically and there will be a link available on your Desktop.
Install Ezra Project by downloading a package for your distribution. After installing the package you will find "Ezra Project" in your application menu.
- Ubuntu 18.04 / 19.04 & Debian 10 & Linux Mint 18: Download the appropriate Debian package attached to the latest release and install, e.g.:
sudo dpkg -i ezra-project_ubuntu1904_0.9.0_amd64.deb.
- Fedora 29 / 30 & CentOS 7 & OpenSuse 15.1: Download the appropriate RPM package package attached to the latest release and install, e.g.:
sudo dnf localinstall ezra-project_fedora29_0.9.0_x86_64.rpm.
- Arch Linux: Use your favorite AUR package manager to install ezra-project (or ezra-project-git), e.g.:
yay -S ezra-project.
Install Ezra Project by downloading the DMG file. After opening the DMG file from Finder you can either just test-run Ezra Project (double-click the icon), or drag-and-drop the icon to the Applications folder to install it. Note, that macOS may warn you that this is an app downloaded from the internet. That message must be acknowledged before you can run the application.
For more details regarding the used components have a look here.
Building Ezra Project
Have a look at the build instructions here.
To give feedback (bug reports, feature requests) please use the Github issue system. Click here to file a new Issue for Ezra Project.
Join the team!
Feel free to drop me an email (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining the team!