Bitcrust is a full software suite for bitcoin in development. Currently the focus and progress is on bitcrust-db: a storage-engine which uses a novel approach to block-storage to provides a high performance, lock-free concurrent R/W access, and fully parallel block verification.
More information is available at bitcrust.org
Table of Contents
Bitcrust depends on libbitcoinconsensus which can be created by building bitcoin-core from source per its instructions.
After that you can build and test the bitcrust libraries with
Bitcrust is planned to have the following components:
- bitcrust-db Bitcrust-db is the library component that verifies and stores blocks and transactions.
- bitcrust-net (planned) P2P bitcoin protocol implementation
- bitcrust-mapreduce (planned) A scriptable indexing framework
- bitcrust-monitor (planned) Terminal based query and monitoring tool
- bitcrust-node (planned)
- bitcrust-wallet (planned)
Help is very much wanted; if you have a fix or improvement, please submit a pull request.
Or contact the maintainer for suggestions on work to be done.