Please sign in to comment.
kbuild: Fix gcc -x syntax
The correct syntax for gcc -x is "gcc -x assembler", not "gcc -xassembler". Even though the latter happens to work, the former is what is documented in the manual page and thus what gcc wrappers such as icecream do expect. This isn't a cosmetic change. The missing space prevents icecream from recognizing compilation tasks it can't handle, leading to silent kernel miscompilations. Besides me, credits go to Michael Matz and Dirk Mueller for investigating the miscompilation issue and tracking it down to this incorrect -x parameter syntax. Signed-off-by: Jean Delvare <firstname.lastname@example.org> Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <email@example.com> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: Bernhard Walle <email@example.com> Cc: Michal Marek <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Ralf Baechle <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Michal Marek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 18 additions and 18 deletions.
- +1 −1 arch/mips/Makefile
- +1 −1 arch/mips/kernel/Makefile
- +1 −1 arch/x86/Makefile
- +6 −6 scripts/Kbuild.include
- +3 −3 scripts/gcc-version.sh
- +1 −1 scripts/gcc-x86_32-has-stack-protector.sh
- +1 −1 scripts/gcc-x86_64-has-stack-protector.sh
- +1 −1 scripts/kconfig/check.sh
- +1 −1 scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh
- +1 −1 tools/perf/Makefile
- +1 −1 tools/power/cpupower/Makefile