Torrent Server - File download and sharing server
A file server with integrated multi-protocol file sharing that can be used to handle all types of file downloads. Files can be added to the download list through a simple web interface that allows you to manage the server remotely. Especially useful for centralizing file sharing on a shared network. Includes anti-virus scanning.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
SSL support out of the box.
Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
E-mail download completion notification via Postfix MTA (bound to localhost).
File sharing (Transmission) configurations:
Anti-virus / malware scanning via ClamAV.
- Anti-virus signatures are auto-updated.
- Automatically quarantines unsafe downloads.
- Anti-virus logfile: /var/log/rtorrent/clamav.log
File server (Samba) configurations:
Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
Preconfigured netbios name: TORRENTSERVER
Configured Samba and UNIX users/groups synchronization (CLI and Webmin).
Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Users home directory.
- Public storage.
- CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
Access your files securely from anywhere via WebDAV CGI:
- DAV service running via HTTPS.
- Pre-configured repositories (storage, user home directory).
Default storage directory: /srv/storage
Accessing file server via samba on the command line:
smbclient //220.127.116.11/storage -Uroot mount -t cifs //18.104.22.168/storage /mnt -o username=root,password=PASSWORD
See the Torrent Server Documentation for more details, including configuration details if behind a Firewall/Router/NAT
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, Samba: username root
- Transmission: username admin
- Web based file manager (WebDAV CGI): - username root (or Samba users)